Tuesday, February 1, 2011

my outfit: date night!

As promised yesterday... here's my date night outfit, featuring the faux fur coat I just snagged super cheap-o.  It's actually pretty warm!  I fore-went the bold necklace for a big 'ole scarf, because it was pretty cold.  The shoes... I just had to do it. My feet froze.  But I am in love with these shoes!  And my husband likes them too... so that's a bonus!

While on our date, my "dream car" pulled into the valet where we were eating dinner.  "Look," my husband said... "your dream car just pulled in." So I took a moment to ogle it seeing as dreams need in the flesh reminders to keep them fresh in our hearts and heads, right?  And as I was ogling it, the driver and his passenger got out and we realized we knew them.  Total buzz kill.  Someone I know can't be driving my dream car.  It's MIIIIIINE!

Anyway, it got me thinking about how my husband knows my dreams inside and out.  Dream car. Check. Dream summer trip. Check. And the list goes on and on.  He knows my dreams and goals and supports them.  And while my husband isn't a big "sharer" - I know his dreams too... at least the ones I can eek out of him.  Does your significant other know the direction you want your life to go in? Do your friends? The more you talk openly about your dreams and goals, the more likely they are to come to fruition. You make your future.  No one else.


I once thought it was silly to have dreams like this.  But it's not.  It's important to your well being and for me personally, it gets me excited for the direction that my life is going.  When I see my dream car driving around town or pulling into the valet, it reminds me of the actions I need to take to get me in the drivers seat of that car.  My dreams literally put me in the drivers seat of my life.  They put ME in charge.


(this bun might put me in charge too... don't you think? maybe?)


What are you dreams? Write them down! Post them on your mirror! Tell your friends! Tell your significant other... heck, tell me! I'd love to know them!

Details:
Pashmina/Scarf, Macy's (similar)
Faux Fur Jacket, Urban Outfitters
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, Target - these aren't online yet... but check in store!  They have this super dark denim, that I am wearing, or black suede-ish - so cute!
Blogger Bun tutorial here!

29 comments:

Jillian Frances said...

Love the shoes! I will definitely have to go look for those. They have my favorite toe shape, and the studs are adorable. You look great!

kelseywilliams said...

Yay for dreaming. My husband and I have attended Big Dream Gatherings here in Des Moines and also have an annual meeting where we access what we're going to do that year--tackling big dreams and smaller dreams!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

LOVE these pics. Hello Audrey. Hello Ms. Sassy Pants. Hello Beautiful. Hello Ms. I Know What I Want and I'm On My Way There!

Love. You.

and yes, to dreaming and sharing. especially with handsome husbands. <3

Ashley J said...

I love this post, very inspirational and just what I needed today! Thanks Jill!

You look smoking hot by the way, your hubbie is a lucky guy!

b.a. said...

cute! i checked out the jacket after your posted the link--it looks just as good in person! errr...in blog.

Couture and Crayons said...

Love the coat! You for got one little detail...what is the dream car? I have many dreams and many dream cars. You definitely need dreams, and once one dream comes true you get to dream bigger!

Janice (Couture and Crayons)

kristen said...

You look amazing! And such a good reminder about dreams. My husband and I definitely have shared ours...our #1 being an annual condo in Hawaii for two straight weeks. Aw yeah.

Jackie said...

Sexy mama! Love this look, Andrew must have been drooling all night ;) Wasn't your dream car a Range Rover Sport? I saw one in High Gloss like two minutes ago and thought of you. Weird!

Jenny said...

Such a chic look - love the shoes!

A lady at my girl's preschool drives my current "dream car". When I told my hubby what the car was - basically the Mercedes "station wagon" he said. "You just want it because it's a Mercedes." and I said "That's rich coming from someone who drives a BMW!" LOL! I got him good! Hey, how come he gets to drive a BMW and I don't? Maybe the joke's on me - ha!

Natalie said...

Love this look! How do you do your bun? Everyone seems to have a different method!
My dream? To start my own clothing line one day! :)

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Jill, you look gorgeous! And I love that you are doing your pictures in all of these different locations, it is such a nice change. As for the outfit, um drool, drool! I am loving that coat on you and the shoes are fab!

As for dreams. I dream of fashion, growing my blog, and growing my photography business. Have a fabulous day. xx veronika

Macy Dawn said...

Those shoes are very hot! I think I would HAVE to go on a date night if I owned those! ;)

Rachael said...

What an inspiring post! You look terrific, and your points about sharing your dreams to make them more likely to be achieved is spot on. Nice!

karen★ said...

i love your hair! it is so sophisticated & beautiful & the lip stain with it just makes you look like a princess in faux fur! also, ummmmm, the shoes. how freakin' hot are those on with skinny jeans?! they look like "come ---- me" shoes. love them!

p.s. love the backdrop again!

p.p.s. i think we need to ask your husband if the bun put you in charge....

karen★ said...

i forgot to mention how awesome the whole dreams part was! i love the idea of writing on my mirror. i'm going to do just that this week. my dreams are to have heated flooring & all white towels & dishes. i'm pretty simple, but i love it! (oh, & become a best selling author & own a lake front cottage...& be able to eat m&m's again someday!)

Michelle said...

So beautiful! I need to go get those shoes! LOVE!

bex said...

Love this look! I thought you had on a chunky turtle neck underneath that fab jacket but then I realized it was a scarf. I Like the way its wrapped; for some reason its less obvious and looks so cute.
*Dreams, ah dreams. Mine seam to change by the month. I have them but its trying to nail them down and be consistent with pursuing them that seems to be my challenge. Thanks for the reminder to keep them in the forefront of my mind ;)

blessings,
bex

Fashion Momma said...

so glad you did the shoes and bun- you're a hottie!

my husband may know most of my dreams. I think he does. and my friends and family do. I talk... a lot. but in case you don't know my dreams- I dream to be a fashion writer and spend more time with my daughter. I want to move back to Virginia to be closer to friends and family, and I want one more little one before age 30. and that's soon.

milk tea + polkadots said...

That's a hot date outfit! I can't believe the UO coat is only $19.99! The coat and your shoes are such great buys!

Jennifer said...

Jill
This post reminded me to tell you I am reading "The Success Principles" and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! thanks for the recommendation. I will be one I read over and over and still learn new things each time I read it!

Fashion Therapist said...

That faux fur is killer!! I'm loving it and it's the perfect look for date night.

liz said...

Tres chic! Those earrings add just enough glam too!

Nicole said...

You look fabulous!

Daphne said...

very pretty outfit for your date night.

Jen said...

Thanks for this post! I needed to hear it.

PS: You look great with the bun. I think my hair's a smidge too short for that still, but I'm going to try it tomorrow anyway. :)

Sarah said...

Adorable ensemble. The faux fur is lux at from Urban, affordable! What a great date night.

PS~Erin said...

You look great!!

Now, tell me how do you make that perfect bun? Any tricks?

Dominique said...

So.... What is your dream car?

MerciBlahBlah said...

Dude - I JUST saw this post (I'm on top of things, aren't I?). This may be my fave fave favey crockett outfit EVAH. Supah fly TNT, this one.

Mwah!
Shannan


 

site design by kelly christine studio