Wednesday, February 2, 2011

my outfit: please don't say you are dairy free.

So my husband is REALLY holding me to this "better pictures" thing... he's so IN CHARGE about it.  I just love it... he is helping break me out of my shell a bit (would you know I just FREEZE in front of the camera!?!?).  He is also good at reminding me to pack the camera in my purse all the time.  Last Sunday I popped the camera in my purse on the way out the door to church thinking maybe on the way home we would find a shot.

Then we remembered we needed a few items from the grocery store.

Then we realized we were pretty much the only ones IN the grocery store.

And definitely the only ones in the dairy aisle.

So we started snapping!  The kids got a total kick out of it...

... and you can imagine my relief when we ran into an old friend of mine at the checkout (whew - and not in the, ahem, dairy aisle) - close call!

ps, these wedges gave me the BIGGEST blister, peh, can you believe it? I've worn these shoes a handful of times already with no problems.  the nerve.

pps, a few of you have asked if I am doing the 30/30... and (sad face) I am not.  The November/December 30/30 was my winter version... doing it again now would be the same clothes and less sunlight.  So I am going to sit this one out and join in next time!  Sorrs! I kind of wish I was, but winter is just too rough around here - too much cold and snow, not enough daylight!

Scarf, Vintage
Blazer, LOFT (similar)
White Tee, JCrew (similar)
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)
Purse, Kate Spade via GILT
Earrings, courtesy of Towne & Reese


Katie Baba Nielson said...

i know exactly what you mean about freezing behind the camera! i don't consider myself very photogenic. however, i am doing the 30 for 30 and therefore taking daily pics of my outfits to post weekly on my blog, so i am hoping the frequent photo shoots will help me loosen up! plus, my hubby is a great coach, so that helps!

maybe i will be brave enough to do a shoot at the grosh!

Linda Rose said...

Hey, I'm not doing the 30/30 either. I didn't want to have to include a bunch of summer clothes in it. Whatever.
So, I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but in that last pic especially, you look like you've still got some highlights! It looks really good. You look really beautiful. Good job husband!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Ha, great idea to take your pics in the store. Fun, fun.
Nothing worse when your shoes give you blisters.

Sarah said...

I should have done the 30 with you in November instead! It's so cold and blizzardy out around here. I envy Kendi and her Texas weather!

b.a. said...

this is a great outfit. classic. love it. and i'm soooo proud of you for taking pictures in public!!! way to go! it's scary out there! maybe i'll wait til mr.a gets home so i don't have to set my tripod up in the grocery! :)

My Heart Blogged said...

I'm with you I wish I was dong the 30x30 but its too cold here.
My Heart Blogged

Me said...

Super cute outfit despite the chilly weather. Love!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Great shots, lots of fun to mix it up.

Jenny said...

Fun, love it! I totally freeze in front of the camera too - trying to get used to taking pics of myself everyday and not looking like a deer in headlights - lol!

Mrs. B said...

Cute pics! Love the backdrop :)

christina said...

LOVE these pictures! The one with you and your daughter is too stinking cute. And I know exactly how you feel about freezing in front of the camera. That's exactly why there are hardly any pictures of me on my blog. I think you're so brave...and I'm so glad you share your outfits. I love them.

Also, I've been toying with joining in the next round of 30/30...I might need a pep talk, though. :)

Jennjfer said...

You look gorgeous, Jill!

MaryBeth said...

Adore the scarf, it just completes the whole look.

Meredith said...

i've so done the grocery store pics too. i feel like it's my home away from home so what better place to snap some sweet shots? haha;)


site design by kelly christine studio