Monday, October 31, 2022

loving lately: October!

I am still trying to wrap my head around how quickly October (and really, September too) went by. Wow. It was an absolute blur.... and to be honest, I would like a do over. Ha ha. Kidding, but also not. The end of the fall season is almost here and I am not ready for winter... is anyone ever really ready for winter? I think not. I digress... let's talk October! 

Each month I round up my favorite purchases for the month and this month my shopping was lighter than others as I really enjoyed unpacking sweaters and coats and fall items from previous seasons. I LOVE new clothes, believe me... it's my favorite. But there is something special about unpacking last years favorites and falling in love with them all over again. I preach a lot about investing in basics, but this is exactly why I love investing in basics... they give back season after season. 

I've been feeling like my denim needs an upgrade as a few pairs are going to be retired from my closet and there are so many new cuts this season that investing in denim was a top priority for me this month. I snagged this cropped flare pair (I also own them in black and love them) which are more of an investment and this straight leg pair which are under $100 and were also 40% off - so it was a good balance for the budget. From here until May it will be lots of coats and jackets and I always love finding new options since it can be a drag to always wear a coat, wearing a cute one helps! This sherpa coat is SO dreamy and warm and I've been wearing the heck out of this ultra practical quilted liner. I bought this sweater and love  it so much I've already worn it three times... it's really beautiful in person and I think it's on sale right now too! Finally, I'm an UGG lover and I snagged the UGG minis which are all the rage now in brown. It's not been cold enough to wear them yet... but I'm really looking forward to it. So that's that! If you are looking for some high quality basics for the cooler weather... these are items I own and love!

cropped flare jeans (I go with my bigger size in this brand), UGG minis, sherpa coat (true to size, I purchased my usual size small), straight leg jeans (I went with my bigger size since they don't have a lot of stretch), black quilted jacket (I went with my usual size small and it fits oversized, if you are between sizes, you may want to size down), brown sweater (true to size, I purchased my usual size small)



 

site design by kiki co.