Friday, August 19, 2022

5 things: fall trends!

 

A few weeks ago I launched a new series called "5 things" where I will chat about a random assortment of topics in quick list form. The first installment was five of my easy 'health hacks' - if you haven't read that one yet, stop over there to check it out! The series got great feedback from you all that you were excited to see more. Today I'm chatting 5 trends I'm loving for fall. There are A LOT of hot trends for this upcoming fall and some I am excited about and some are a big no-thank-you for me. But let's focus on the good and get into 5 trends I'm loving for fall...

1. Florals - The fall floral trend really has me drooling this season. Especially the smaller patterned florals with fall hues like burgundy, blue, gold, brown and creamy white. Whatever your budget is there is really something for everyone with this trend. I love this budget friendly top, this mid range top and this splurge piece are some great options for florals for fall. I would pair them with sandals and jeans now... and loafers and jeans and blazers later this fall.

2. Wide leg jeans - This trend took a bit of time for me to warm to but now I'm really loving it. I am still undecided on the flare jean to the floor look, but the wide leg jeans with a little crop are the perfect middle ground on this trend for me. So far these are the three pairs I have tried and LOVED. This pair in white, this pair with patch pockets and this pair. They are just darling paired with cute sneakers, loafers or while it's still warm, sandals.

3. Hair clips - These hair clips are definitely a 90s throwback for me. I wore these all through high school and college and loved them then. And I love them now. I wear my hair pulled back a lot and this is a fun alternative to a bun or a ponytail. I have these stashed in my bathroom and my purse and pull them out to wear quite often. I like to make a little twist in the back and I find they don't make my head sore at the end of the day like a tight pony or a bun can do. This trend resurgence is one I really love!

4. Loafers - I don't think loafers have ever really gone 'out' of style but definitely they are seeing a comeback this fall. Especially the lug sole or chunkier sole versions. I recently bought this pair and they are SO comfortable and while they have a thicker sole, they are still very approachable. If you don't love the lug sole option, this pair is a tried and true for me and still gives off some 90s vibes, albeit in a very modern way. 

5. Blazers - Again, this is a closet staple that has never really gone out of style but this fall's new arrivals are full of lots of menswear inspired pieces like oversized trousers and blazers. I love a blazer and really haven't worn them in a while but I am excited to add a few to my fall closet this year. A few I have my eye on are this one, this one and this one.


 

site design by kiki co.