Thursday, November 11, 2021

the jeans I'm loving right now...

I've gotten quite a few questions about what I'm loving for denim right now. With the cooler temps here jeans are my everyday (well, almost... gotta throw some joggers and leggings in there) uniform. Plus, there are SO many styles of denim right now, navigating what's what and how it all fits is overwhelming. In general I am leaning towards straight leg jeans. I will say straight leg with more of a slimmer leg cut. I do still wear my skinny jeans from time to time, but since everyone owns and loves skinny jeans I left those out of this round up.  

Today I'm focusing on the pairs I wear the most and what I really, really am loving right now as far as denim goes. I do have to say that straight leg jeans don't work as well with cold weather and boots so for now this is what I'm wearing the most. When the weather turns super cold I'm going to have to wear more skinny jeans to work with big snow boots. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible and wear my straight leg options as much as possible right now.

If you are looking to add some more styles besides skinny jeans to your wardrobe for fall I highly recommend all of these. They all are very easy to wear (only one pair doesn't have stretch) and I find them to be both comfortable and flattering. Really I don't wear anything that isn't comfortable anymore! I hope you find this round up helpful! 

Let's talk sizing. I'm between a 26/27 for jeans and will outline which pair is which below...

top row, from left:
Agolde Riley - light, This is a classic "mom jean" or straight leg jean. This is the only pair that isn't stretchy but I've found this classic denim really molds to your body as you wear them. Mine are 3-ish years old and feel perfectly broken in. I go with my bigger size with this brand. I'm in a 27 here.

Agolde Riley - blue, Another pair of straight jeans with a slightly slimmer leg. Don't let the fact that three of these pairs have the same name fool you into thinking they are all the same. They are all quite different. This pair has a slimmer leg than the pair above (in my opinion) and no distressing. With a touch of stretch these are both VERY flattering and comfortable. I go with my bigger size with this brand. I'm in a 27 here.

Agolde Riley - distressed, Same as the blue pair next to it but with distressing, this pair has a nice slim straight leg. This is hands down my most worn pair. Again, the perfect amount of stretch and a nice thick denim keeps these very flattering and comfortable. I love the distressing. I've owned these for over a year and the distressing has stayed really nice (some people worry about it getting worse). I go with my bigger size with this brand. I'm in a 27 here.

bottom row, from left: 
Madewell Cali Demi (here or here), This style has both a raw hem or a fixed hem option, I linked both. It fits like a skinny jean up top and has a slight flare at the bottom. I love these jeans with sneakers or flats - it really highlights a great shoe! Stretchy and comfortable, I went with my smaller size in this pair. I am in a 26 here.

Madewell Stovepipe, Probably the most 'slim' straight leg of all the options shown here. If you are nervous about making the jump from skinny to a straight leg, this pair is the perfect baby step. They are stretchy and very comfortable. I went with my smaller size in this pair. I am in a 26 here. You could *maybe* go down 2 sizes if you were between sizes.

Madewell Perfect Vintage, This style is SUPER popular and this is another great straight leg option that is very comfortable. I always shop for the Perfect Vintage with stretch, I've found the styles without to be really uncomfortable. My pair is from last year and I cut off the hems myself. I linked the near exact version that is out this year. Stretchy and comfortable, I went with my smaller size in this pair. I am in a 26 here.


 

site design by kiki co.