Monday, November 8, 2021

A few things I'm loving lately...

I've done a little online shopping lately where the items just didn't fit great or where some things were okay, but not great. Usually I do a try on session for most of my online shopping but there was a lot I felt "meh" about. Not bad, just not overwhelmingly amazing. Today I thought I would just do a quick round up of a few pieces I've recently purchased that I really, really love. The greatest hits, if you will! 

These pieces were instant favorites - the kind you pull out of the box and can't wait to wear! And while a typical "try on session" is me trying on items for the first time, these are items I have already worn and they pass the "wear it for a day" (or more) test.  Let's take a look at the pieces...

(above) straight jeans (shop them: here or here) & striped sweater
Sizing: I always go with my bigger size for this brand. They have a bit of stretch. For the sweater I would say it runs small, I went up a size to a medium.
Thoughts: I love these jeans and wanted a pair with no distressing in a classic straight leg. These are comfortable, suck you in *just right* and are right on trend without being overly trendy. I love them. This sweater is a great Amazon find. It's soft (no itch) and the stripes, buttons and delicate balloon sleeves are so 'French girl chic' in an everyday kind of way. It's *chefs kiss* perfection at a great price.
Shown with: clogs

Sizing: Sweater runs a little big, I am in my usual size small. You could size down if between sizes. Mules are true to size, maybe a touch small, but I went with my usual size.
Thoughts: This sweater is SO soft and cozy. It's not super heavy so it's the perfect balance between cozy and lightweight. I've worn it a few times and just LOVE it. I am always looking for a great pair of mules and this pair is gorgeous. I loved the gathered leather and the pointy toe. They are easy to wear and instantly make an outfit feel pulled together.
Shown with: jeans (or similar)
 
Sizing: The sweatshirt runs true to size, I'm in my usual size small. The sneakers run a bit big, I went down a half size.
Thoughts: This sweatshirt was a favorite last year, I also own it in grey and I LOVE it. When I saw this new mauve/brown color I had to have it! This is a staple for weekends or the gym over tanks when it's cool out. It's great for walks or errands - it's an all around AMAZING piece. I highly recommend. These sneakers are made from recycled scarps of leather - isn't that so cool? They are fun with leggings or joggers or even with jeans. I've worn these quite a bit over the past couple of weeks!
Shown with: leggings



 

site design by kiki co.