Monday, October 25, 2021

favorite winter coats from J.Crew!

 J.Crew is my go-to for winter coats. I find their coats to be perfectly warm and classic. Some of these are over 5 or 6 years old and still favorites. Today I will outline their warmth and sizing information for you all if you are in need/want of a new winter coat for this season. Living in Michigan I consider myself a somewhat pro at winter coats, they get A LOT of wear and I never feel too guilty adding a new style or two to my closet each year because I know they will last forever and serve me for many seasons to come!

I wear these coats all winter long, but some are warmer than others. I ordered them from least to most warm - I'll chat more about warmth for each coat below too.


Sizing: True to size. I am in size 2, fits like a small.
Warmth: Perfect for 40s to 50s, to make it warmer layer with a warm sweater.
Thoughts: I own this in multiple colors and it's my go-to for leaving the house feeling pulled together in the winter. It's easy to wear but instantly looks refined. 

Shown with: sweater, jeans, flats, purse



Sizing: I went down a size to XS.
Warmth: I would say high 30s, 40s and 50s. Layer with a warmer sweater and scarf for cooler temps.
Thoughts: Love this color and this style! The gold hardware is so beautiful. I've worn this a few times to cold soccer games and it's worked great! I love that it's perfectly casual for mom duties but still looks nice.

Shown with: sweaterjeansclogs, headband



Sizing: Runs big. Mine is super old and is a 00 but is a little too small in the arms now. I would go with a 0 or 2 these days.
Warmth: 30s, 40s, 50s. Very warm. It's thick wool with thinsulate. The perfect "dressy" warm coat.
Thoughts: I've owned this for SO long and it still looks great. It's a touch small (unfortunately) but I still wear it when I can, it's been the best investment.

Shown with: sweaterjeansankle boots, bag is Polene



(above & below) cropped puffer
Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Warmth: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s. This coat is VERY warm and comfortable. I wore it to a soccer game in the low 40s and rain recently and was very comfortable. 
Thoughts: The cropped puffer coat is perfectly on trend right now. I love the slightly oversized fit and thick neck styling making it very warm. The hood is a great addition, but is removable if you don't want it.




Sizing: Runs big, I went down one size to XS.
Warmth: 20s, 30s, 40s. The only thing making this coat slightly warmer than the cropped puffer is the length. 
Thoughts: This is another classic from several winters ago. I don't think it's available in white anymore, but you can find it in other colors. This one washes really well (a must with white) and is perfectly warm. I also like the big pocks.

Shown with: sweaterjeanssneakers




 

site design by kiki co.