Monday, August 2, 2021

old navy late summer finds!

 I've got some really great late summer finds from Old Navy. I continue to be impressed by the quality they offer at such a good price. I love that they offer simple classics like cardigans and dresses with more trendy and of-the-moment pieces like chic sweatsuits and seasonal florals too. I found SO many good pieces here that work for now and transition to fall so well. Let's take a look at the pieces...



floral tank (above & below)
Sizing: Runs big, I am in my usual size small and it feels too big on the torso and armpits. I would suggest going down a size if you are between sizes. 
Thoughts: Ladies, start your engines... it's fall. I don't know what about this tank just screams fall to me, but it has me a little giddy with excitement. The colors are just gorgeous, it's a gorgeous color palette for late summer and early fall. It's a great work top, zoom top or even teacher top if you are getting ready to head back to the classroom. 



crewneck cardigan (above & below)
Sizing: True to size, slightly oversized. I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I love this style. So much! You can wear it buttoned up like a pullover or unbuttoned as a cardigan over a tank or dress, making it so versatile and perfect as we change seasons. The fabric is REALLY great, super soft and stretchy/drapey. I highly recommend this one!



cardigan (above & below)
Sizing: True to size. I'm in my usual size small. 
Thoughts: WINNER! Winner! This cardigan is SO good. Soft and drapey with no itch and the perfect end of summer weight. I love it for over air conditioned spaces or cool mornings. It's perfect for layering over tees or tanks as the weather changes this fall. This piece really great - I'm already looking at it in other colors too!



Sizing: The sweatshirt runs true to size, I am in my usual size. The pants run big, I'm in my usual size small and they are too big... a size XS would probably work much better.
Thoughts: I'm OBSESSED with this set. It's airy but drapey somehow. The fabric feels like clouds. I am really missing lounge wear this summer and can't wait to dig back into it this fall. The top fits oversized with dolman sleeves and a pretty cowl neck. The pants are a dream, I love that they don't have a tie waist to make them more slimming and then pockets and dramatic wide legs. These are two more pieces I highly recommend. 


Sizing: True to size. I'm in my usual size small. 
Thoughts: If you are looking for a late summer dress, this is a great option. I love the creamy white and the rib knit is super comfortable and not clingy. It works great layered with a jacket, blazer or cardigan too. I realized I have a very similar dress already, so I won't be keeping this one, but I still wanted to show you since I really like it. 


Sizing: I flubbed the sizing on this. I accidentally ordered a small petite and meant to order a small. It still works but it might be difficult to get a real feel for the true sizing. I'm guessing this one is a little shorter in the length and that the waist of the dress would hit lower if it were a true small. I would still say TRUE TO SIZE, but hey... good news, I've confirmed it's available in petite for those interested. ;)
Thoughts: I just LOVE this. It's great for weekends and casual stuff but also with back to school and back to work in mind I think it would work well for teachers, zoom calls and even a casual or creative work environment. This is another one where I realized after trying it on that I have something similar, so I likely won't be keeping it (even though it's tempting) but I really, really like and highly recommend it.



 

site design by kiki co.