Thursday, June 24, 2021

swimsuits I love!

 Swimsuit shopping is the worst. Really, it truly is. But I love spending time at the pool and the beach so it's a necessity I'm willing to work through. If you feel the same way then hopefully I've done the hard part for you today. I'm chatting up my 4 favorite swimsuits today - a few new styles and a few tried and true. I used to love a mix of bikinis and one piece suits but over the years I've wanted more tummy control so a one piece was the way to go for me. But sometimes wearing a one piece can be annoying, they are difficult to go to the bathroom in and while I usually love a covered stomach area, they sometimes aren't gravity friendly and I'm always feeling like they inch down my body. My recent obsession is a compromise on both parts - I love a high waisted suit to cover the stomach but still be comfortable to wear. In my opinion, no bathing suit is PERFECT but these to me are about as close as it gets!

Sizing: Both these pieces run true to size (I'm a medium in the top and small in the bottom). The bottoms have quite a bit of extra fabric with the ruching, I thought it might be too much so I tried the next size down but those were too small. In the end the ruching is extra fabric, but also quite flattering.
Why I love it: this top is supportive and comfortable. The ties are only decorative so you don't have to worry about them coming undone. I love this light blue color for summer (more colors are available)!
Shown with: tote, similar top, hat

Sizing: True to size. I'm a medium in the top and small in the bottoms.
Why I love it: The plunge top has a flattering deep v cut but also is super comfortable to wear. The straps are adjustable as well. These high waisted bottoms are super soft and stretchy making them very comfortable. The tie is a cute accent, but is also removable if you prefer not to wear it for swimming, etc. 
Shown with: sandals, shorts, sweater

Sizing: I go up a size in this suit, I wear size 4.
Why I love it: This style is so mom friendly. It's so comfortable and while I don't usually go for a bold pattern - this leopard is so fun and actually is quite classic and neutral. I got it last year (or two years ago?) and it continues to be favorite!

Sizing: I go up a size in this suit. I'm a size 4 in this swimsuit.
Why I love it: This suit is the same as the leopard above but the simple black is a classic go-to for me. In fact, I've had this suit for so long and have worn it so many times I'm surprised it hasn't keeled over and died ;) - it's available in TONS of colors and just like the leopard suit above it's very comfortable and a great mom-friendly suit.


 

site design by kiki co.