Friday, May 14, 2021

Nordstrom finds!

 Today I've got some spring/summer finds from Nordstrom for you! A few things fit a little weird/wonky - which is just the way it goes sometimes - but I'm still showing you the sizing fails so that hopefully you can get it right if you choose to order! I can't even remember the last time I shopped in person for clothing as a combination of just staying home more and just the ease of ordering online. So sizing is naturally going to be a little trickier that way. 

The weather is FINALLY starting to warm up and I have to admit it makes getting dressed so fun - ha! It's the little things I look forward to like getting dressed on a warm and sunny spring day. Let's take a look at the pieces!


Sizing: I went down a size to XS in the pants and they are still huge! Wow! I would recommend going with a petite if you are around my height (I'm 5'4). This tank runs really small, I am in my usual size small and it's super small. I recommend going up a size. 
Thoughts: I LOVE these linen pants and I am so sad they don't fit - they are perfect for spring and summer days as an alternative to shorts. Same with this tank, I especially love it with the pants. Just go up a size!

Shown with: straw tote


striped tank (above & below)
Sizing: These tanks run big, size down! I'm in an XS. 
Thoughts: These are GREAT basics, I've bought these a few years in a row. They are simple and classic and fit great. The soft fabric is so nice and lightweight. They are great on their own or they layer really well with jackets, blazers or cardigans.

Shown with: jacket (color is walnut), jeanssandals, tote



gauze tunic (above & below)
Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Thoughts: I just LOVE this gauze fabric and I'm seeking it out wherever I can find it this season! It's so soft and lightweight. It feels great to wear. It runs big like a tunic which would make it great for a swim cover up too. But I love that it works for an everyday top too.

Shown with: jeans, sandals, similar bag



Sizing: True to size. They run a touch wide. 
Thoughts: I just adore these. I saw them earlier this spring and they sold out super fast. When I saw they were fully restocked I was excited to grab them. The leather is a bit on the stiff side but it's loosened up as I've worn them. They do run wide but I hate a super tight sandal and find it to fit great without being too tight. I love the pale pink for spring and summer as it's quite neutral so it goes with so much.



Sizing: Runs big, I went down one size to XS. I could have maybe gone down two sizes.
Thoughts: This is a super cute shirt dress for spring and summer. I love the belt cuts a flattering silhouette in the front and the back is free flowing. It's the perfect everyday chic style that I am drawn to.  Pulled together but very easy to wear. It's perfect for graduation parties, date night or just around town for errands.






 

site design by kiki co.