Wednesday, March 17, 2021

denim shorts review!

Denim shorts are easy to love and easy to hate... ya know? For me they have to fit JUST right and make me feel confident too. Shorts are a love/hate situation for me (and many women I know). They can be a necessity in the summer and fun to wear, but they can also be a huge pain in the bottom too. I've purchased A LOT of pairs and have loved some and hated some and every emotion in between. But in the past year I narrowed it down to two styles I really, really love and now I feel like I am at the age that maybe these are the only styles I'll wear for the rest of my life!?!? Kidding, kind of. 

Both styles I'm featuring today are absolute gems... so much so that I bought them in multiple washes. So this won't be a huge round up of several types of denim shorts - it's just the two brands and styles that are my ride or die. Super simple... these two are the best of the best!

In general for sizing and fit of denim shorts I like to go with a looser/bigger fit. Sometimes that means going up a size to get that slouchy look. I'll outline all the size details below so hopefully it will be easier for you to get the perfect size.

Agolde Parker or shop herehereherehere or here (above)

Sizing: I am between a 26/27 in denim and these are the 27. There is no stretch so I like a slightly roomier fit to sit more on my hips. 

Thoughts: This is my favorite and most worn pair by far. They are the pricier of the two but I have definitely gotten my moneys worth. They sell out quickly each season so if you are thinking of trying them, do it early! I love that they have a nice big thigh opening so nothing is too tight there and they are long enough in the back to feel covered without feeling matronly.



Agolde Parker white - shop here or here (above)

Sizing: I am between a 26/27 in denim and these are the 27. There is no stretch so I like a slightly roomier fit to sit more on my hips. 

Thoughts: I loved them so much in blue I got them in white too. I love a white denim short and this pair is nice and thick so you don't have to worry about them being see through. 



Madewell light wash (above)

Sizing: These run big. I'm between a 26/27 and these are the 26 and fit perfectly.

Thoughts: After loving this style from last year I bought this years version too. They are simple and I love the light wash for summer. The slouchy fit is perfect and again a little more budget friendly than the Agolde pair, especially since they go on sale from time to time.  They are nice and roomy in the thigh and have good coverage in the back. These have zero stretch but break in over time and fit nice and slouchy on the hips.


Madewell distressed - similar (above)

Sizing: These runs big. I'm between a 26/27 and these are the 27 and a touch big.

Thoughts: This pair is from last year so I linked a similar pair this year in the same cut (just the distressing is slightly different - I actually like the pair I linked more than mine!). This pair is perfectly roomy and an more budget friendly price point than the Agolde pair. Plus, sometimes they go on sale! Similar to the Agolde they are roomy in the thigh and have good coverage in the back. They have no stretch and sit slouchy on the hips which is what I prefer.



 

site design by kiki co.