Friday, January 15, 2021

white t-shirt review!

Today I've got a white t-shirt review for you all! I got a question about white tees recently so I thought I would round up my two favorites (the first two) and try a few others as well.  White tees are such a staple in my closet year round. In the warmer months they are great on their own and for the cooler months they are perfect for layering. Today I'm showing four white tees and also simple outfits to style them in as well. 

madewell whisper tee (above & below)

Sizing: True to size. You could go up a size for a slouchier fit.

Thoughts: These are my OG white tees. I just LOVE them. They are soft, wash well and all around are a great white tee. I own this style in white, grey and black and they are a staple all year round. Sometimes for layering under sweaters or sweatshirts or with cardigans or blazers or on their own for warmer months. They are a great price and you really can't go wrong with this tee! This same tee is available in a tank version too (which I also own and love) or a crewneck.

Styled with: jeans, flats, cardigan



everlane air tee (above & below)

Sizing: Runs a little big, I went with my usual size small but it fits oversized.

Thoughts: I LOVE this tee. It's very lightweight and perfect for layering or for hot summer days. The fabric has beautiful drape that looks elegant on it's own. I love the oversized fit too - it's like borrowing your husband's white tees, but more chic. I also own this in black. This same tee is available in a tank or scoop neck version too. I just got on the waitlist for this muscle tee cut too - this looks great for spring and summer!


Styled with: jeans, sweater blazer, flats


amazon t-shirts (above & below)

Sizing: I went with my true size small and these are really tight on the shoulders, arm and chest but long and flowy everywhere else. If you don't mind a tunic cut then size up one.

Thoughts: These come in a pack of 2 so they are a great price but the fit is way off for me. It's so tight on top and long and flowy around the waist. It almost feels like a maternity shirt. It could work well with leggings if you like a longer tunic-y type cut. The fabric is nice and drapey.

Styled with: jeans, jacket, similar sneakers


 
z supply tees (above & below) (shop: here or here)

Sizing: These looked like they might run big, but I actually think they are true to size or run a touch small. I would prefer going up a size I think to get more room on the arms.

Thoughts: These are a little pricey because you can only buy them in a 3-pack, but they machine wash and dry which is convenient (compared to the Everlane option above that is the same price but can't go in the dryer). I personally would like them just a big roomier in the arms so I think I will actually exchange them for the medium size. The fabric is nice and drapey and the v-neck isn't too deep. You can also find a tank version here.

Styled with: jeans, cardigan, similar mules





 

site design by kiki co.