Friday, December 18, 2020

back to basics skin care!

 Beautycounter has a limited time 20% off offer for NEW clients right now (use code: CLEANFORALL20) so I thought I would pull together my favorite basics. It's never a bad time to start with clean beauty... if you are feeling overwhelmed with where to start I suggest just swapping out a product or two as your existing products run out. It's a great way to dip your toe in!

You can find my entire safe morning and evening routine here (with some cheats for when I am feeling lazy!) and you can even find the products my teens use here.


from left:
Countermatch Foaming Face Wash - simple and effective at removing makeup and oil without leaving your face tight or dehydrated.

CounterSun Face SPF - a mineral formula that is safe and effective and feels light as air on your face! Not an easy feat for an SPF!

Countermatch Day Cream - need a simple and clean daily moisturizer? This is it! Feels great on the skin without being heavy.

Vitamin C Serum - the best tool against sun damage in the future and repairing what is there. This is potent and feels lovely on the skin. If you suffer from sun spots or melasma this is a great place to start!

Overnight Resurfacing Peel - there is NO actual peeling that takes place here... it's just a gentle exfoliator you wear overnight. Your skin feels soft instantly and over time it helps diminish age spots, sun spots, acne scaring and even helps keep acne away to begin with using AHAs and BHAs. If you buy one thing, make it this!

Facial Oil - this is the very first product I tried from BC like 6 years ago! It's super moisturizing without feeling greasy. I use it day or night if I'm feeling dry or even sometimes mid day for a little extra glow.

Countertime Serum - GLOW in a bottle! I use this day and night (after Vitamin C or after Resurfacing Peel). It's formulated with Backuchiol which is a safe retinol alternative. So you get the benefits of retinol without some of the harsh side effects that often come with it.

Countertime Eye Cream - I swear by this an use it morning and night. Better than botox in my opinion!

Lip Gloss - if you are just getting started with safe beauty or want to go to the next level I highly recommend first swapping out your lip gloss. It's right on your lips and likely to be ingested... so why not make sure it's safe? Shown here: Peony & Raspberry



 

site design by kiki co.