Tuesday, September 22, 2020

clothing care essentials!

I frequently get questions about clothing care from what steamer I use, to how I organize my closet to which hangers don't leave "bumps" in the shoulders of sweaters. Today I am rounding them up all in one place. These are items I own and LOVE and also highly recommend.


steamer, this is a great compact steamer for a good price. Steamers can get really pricey but I've found this one is a good value and really works great. It's not ideal for travel but it works, I've definitely packed it in my suitcase before. I've purchased travel steamers that are much less expensive and twice they broke - so I feel like this one is a good middle ground of not being wildly expensive but still compact and high quality. 

drawers for jewelry, I have a similar set of jewelry drawers (it looks like my exact drawers are no longer available online) and find them to be super helpful for keeping my jewelry organized but also still in a compact container since I don't have a ton of room in my closet.

sunglasses drawers, I probably need to purge some sunglasses, but it's just too difficult to part with any of them. These drawers are GREAT for keeping them organized and dust free and again are nice and compact for small spaces.

necklace stand, I had quite a few questions on this piece when it was recently in my Instagram Stories.  It hold A LOT of necklaces and is a really easy way to organize short and long necklaces. 

sweater shaver, this is a life saver if you have sweaters that are starting to pill! Pilling in sweaters is inevitable for about 90% of sweaters and it's super frustrating. I get it. But this simple sweater shaver can make sweaters look new in NO time and will save tons of money instead of getting rid of sweaters that have pills you can save them!

laundress wool & cashmere spray, I love the scent of this! I use it when a sweater needs a refresh or before I pack them away for the winter. Most of my sweaters are dry clean only so this is a nice refresh to extend another trip to the dry cleaner. Also the cedar helps keep moths away.

velvet hangers, these are GREAT for delicate pieces like tops that easily slip off plastic hangers or for cardigans. They won't leave a 'bump' in the shoulder on cardigans I've found. I also use them to fold scarves and hang them in half. 

love and planet dry wash spray, I just started using this and I really like it! It's great for extending the life of clothes or even removing wrinkles (just spray and run in the dryer for 15 minutes). The scent is nice and light and not too overwhelming or 'fake' smelling. 


 

site design by kiki co.