Monday, June 29, 2020

J.Crew try on post!

I've got some fun J.Crew try ons for you today... just a few classic summery pieces that I am looking forward to wearing this summer. I will outline sizing information, my thoughts on each piece and whether or not I decided to keep it... let's take a look at the pieces!

(above) beachy sweater
Sizing: Definitely go down a size on this one, it's quite oversized. I am wearing an XS and it still has plenty of room.
Thoughts: I love this slouchy summer sweater SO MUCH. I actually got this last year in a small and it was way too big and by the time I went to rebuy it in a smaller size it was SOLD OUT. So when I saw it returned this year I was so excited. It's super soft and while it's a nice open knit it isn't see through.  It looks great with jeans or shorts and is perfect for a summer date night or sunset session.
Keep or return? Definitely keep. I'm in love.

Shop the look:

(above) linen shorts
Sizing: Per the reviews these run big and I agree. Definitely size down. I am in an XS and usually wear a 26/27 in jeans.
Thoughts: I have a love/hate relationship with shorts. I mean they are great, but also sometimes they drive me nuts. I love that these are super comfortable and soft like pjs and also a great alternative to denim shorts. 
Keep or return? I'm keeping these. I really like them and hope to get lots of wear out of them on super hot summer days. Also stay tuned for a 6 ways to style featuring these shorts!

Shop the look: 

Sizing: I am in my usual size small. It's a touch oversized - if you are between sizes you may want to go down a size. Otherwise stick with your usual size, it may shrink up a tiny bit in the wash.
Thoughts: This is the CUTEST top. I often find myself reaching for simple white, black or grey tops in the summer. They are easy to style but can also get a little boring. I love that this one is still really simple, but with a little extra something!
Keep or return? Keep!

Shop the look: 

Sizing: This is a size small and fits everywhere but the waist area. Sizing up may help that?
Thoughts: I really wanted to love this sweater. I love the fabric and I love the lace up details. But the fit on the waist is so weird to me. It's very tight and maybe a big cropped but I tried it with shorts and jeans and it felt a little off with both. So sad.
Keep or return? This gets returned. The fit is just too weird on the waist.

Shop the look: 

Sizing: True to size, I went up a size to a medium. It's a little big looking here but I think it will be perfect once I wash it. J.Crew sweatshirts always run a little small for me.
Thoughts: I am still very much loving the sweatshirt and legging combo for work at home days. I mean, how can you go wrong? This one is a nice summer weight and is available in lots of bright colors that are super cute but I love this more tonal olive too.
Keep or return? Keep. The more sweatshirts the merrier!

Shop the look:


I'm loving layering necklaces lately! This circle link necklace is so beautiful in person. Shown with this necklace.

~~~


This dot chain necklace another piece that works great layered or on it's own. It was sold out but I'm linking it here with hopes that it restocks because it really is so pretty. Shown with compass necklace.




 

site design by kiki co.