Thursday, May 28, 2020

Nordstrom fitness try on session!

Today I've got some fun summer fitness try ons for you! These are great pieces for summer workouts and my workout gear needed a few updates... I found quite a few really great pieces here and a few that were just so-so... read on for sizing tips, whether I kept them or not and some notes on each piece!

(above)
black camo tank (runs a little big) - this is big on the armpits but I like the idea of it! Cute mesh details and works great for hot days. Probably sending this back.
neon yellow sports bra (true to size) - obsessed. It has a great back closure that makes it easy to get on and off. It also includes removable padding and the neon yellow is just so fun for summer. I'm keeping this for sure!
black perforated leggings (true to size) - love these! They are affordable and I love the perforated details on the leg - again, perfect for summer and gives a little airflow.
sneakers (runs big, I wear a 6.5 or 7 and these are a 6) - looks like these are sold out a lot of places but there are tons of color options here.


(above)
black camo tank detail shot - you can see the mesh camo pattern really well here.

black tank (runs true to size, I went up a size to medium because of low stock) - simple tank with super soft fabric and wide armpit holes. I love that the neon sports bra peeks out a little. I love how simple this is, I'm going to keep it and maybe even go back for a few more colors.

(above)
neon tank (runs long, I am in my usual size small) - very cute even though it almost awkwardly long. I love it with a knot. This is a keeper! So cute for summer!
black sports bra (runs true to size) - this has no padding but lots of compression. I love that it goes very long down the torso. I've never tried this brand before but now I want to try more items from them. The fabric is super soft and it's very comfortable. I'm keeping this.
black pocket leggings (true to size, I am in a small) - these are called the Studio Light tight and I don't really see a big difference from other Zella leggings I have. I'm going to keep the perforated pair at the top and pass on these. But if you need a classic black legging - these are great! I just don't need two more pairs.

(above)
mesh top (runs a little big, I am in a size small) - this top is cute where the mesh is and awkward otherwise. Maybe it's just too big on me. I'm bummed because I love the mesh detail. But this is getting returned.

(above)
white tie-back top (maybe a touch big, I am in a small) - this is darling. The tie in the back is perfection and I love how lightweight and soft this is. Perfect for throwing over a tank or sports bra post workout. I'm keeping this.
Spanx skort  or more sizes here (this runs a touch small, I am in my usual size small) - I love this skirt including the grippers on the shorts so they don't creep up. This is perfect for tennis or just as an alternative to shorts for workouts. This is getting sent back because it's a touch small on me.

(above)
neon yellow sports bra (true to size)
black sports bra (true to size)
It's hard to find comfortable sports bras - I love both of these! Both keepers!


 

site design by kiki co.