Sunday, March 1, 2020

what I packed for our weekend beach trip!

My husband and I just got back from a weekend at the beach and before we left I carefully planned my packing list and my outfits to keep my suitcase under control and as organized as possible. Before I left I snapped quick photos of each look which I later found to be SUPER helpful. When I'm on vacation I want to relax as much as possible and even having my outfits picked out before hand was super helpful. I already knew what I was going to wear!  I ended up wearing MOST of these outfits but since the weather was a little cooler than what we hoped it would be, some outfits didn't get worn at all. In addition, I threw in a few extra pieces last minute that aren't shown here but that ended up getting worn a lot, mostly due to the cooler temps.

Here is the full list of what I packed....
white jeans (I went down a size, you could maybe even go down 2 sizes)
denim shorts (I went up a size)
striped top (now 29% off! true to size)
lightweight sweater (true to size)
grey tank (true to size)
eyelet top (true to size)
black dress (true to size)
leopard swim (now 29% off! true to size)
white shirt coverup (I went down a size, available here or here)
black high waisted bikini top & bottom (true to size)
denim jacket (true to size)
sweatsuit top & bottom (now 29% off! I went down a size in the pants and true top size in top)

And other items I packed but that aren't shown...
these jeans (I wore them on the last night and the flight home)
black v-neck tee (I wore this beneath the sweatsuit on the way there and on the flight on the way home)

Let's take a look at the outfits...

(above) I wore this outfit with sandals to dinner one night, unfortunately I didn't wear these shoes at all on the trip. I was just in a sandal mood I guess. I also added this sweater blazer because the evenings were chilly!
shop the look: striped topwhite jeans, mules, clutch

(above) I loved this look for sunset dinner one evening. This lightweight sweater with a denim jacket over top was perfect! 

(above) Unfortunately it was just a touch too cool to wear these shorts... I've been dying to wear them, but I guess they will have to wait for now! But I did wear this eyelet top with jeans to dinner on our final night. I just adore this top!

(above) Shorts and a tank were just not warm enough for this trip. But this is a cute look I will try to wear another time. So simple! 
shop the look: grey tankdenim shorts, sandals, hat

(above) This swim suit is new and I LOVE it! I've tried a few high waist swim suits and I think the trick to making it look flattering is choosing a black one. 
shop the look: cover up here or here, bikini top & bottomsandalshat

(above) I have had this swimsuit in black for years... it's one of the most comfortable swimsuits I own. When I saw this leopard pattern I fell in love. It's bold but not too crazy and I loved wearing it!
shop the look: cover up here or hereleopard swimsandalshat

(above) I just LOVE this black dress but unfortunately it didn't get worn this trip. I had hoped to wear it to dinner but it was just too cool by that time of day. No worries! It will get worn plenty this spring/summer!
shop the look: black dressclutchsandals

(above) I knew this sweatsuit would be perfect for travel when I found it and it did not disappoint. It was perfect for a very, very early flight. I was so comfortable and still felt stylish in it!
shop the look: sweatsuit top & bottomdenim jacket, sneakers or similar less expensive





 

site design by kiki co.