Tuesday, March 24, 2020

my everyday style: the perfect HUG of a sweater!

I took these photos several weeks ago... when my roots weren't an inch long and times were simpler. Ya know? I haven't done any official "photos" for the blog minus a lot of mirror selfies since school has been cancelled and we've been put on a shelter-in-place order by the State of Michigan. I might sometime soon... but I might wait, I just haven't decided yet. But these are the last of the photos that I have hanging around - so I hope you like mirror selfies. haha!

I'm glad I took these photos though because I simply adore this sweater and I think it's everything I need in my life right now. It's comfy like a hug, but pulled together like I feel I need right now. It's truly the perfect piece for staying home and relaxing but not feeling sloppy at the same time. So far I've been getting "ready" - as in dressed, hair and makeup - about every other day or every third day. It feels SO good when I do it and then it doesn't feel like I'm a total sloth when I skip the next day because I know I just did it yesterday. I don't know if any of that makes sense, but that's how I justify it to myself. So far it's working for me.

Any way, back to this sweater... it's a touch oversized, super cozy cotton and perfect for this transition to spring. I am wearing a size small here. So go with your usual size for the perfectly oversized fit or go down a size if you want it more fitted or if you are between sizes. I've worn it with both jeans AND leggings and can testify it works great with both. Oh and it's so cute with joggers too... another great stay at home staple. Here I paired it with some cropped demi boot jeans (so cute for spring!) and simple sneakers for a great hang around the house, go for a walk, FaceTime some friends look.










Outfit Details:
Sweater (fits a bit oversized)
Jeans (true to size)
Sneakers (true to size)
Bag is Polene, similar bag


 

site design by kiki co.