Thursday, February 20, 2020

6 ways to style: a sweatsuit!

Today I've got a NEW 6 ways to style post for you... if this series is new to you be sure to check out the entire archive here! I have styled SO many wardrobe staples into tons of outfits to prove that when you invest in solid wardrobe basics the outfit options are nearly endless!

Today I am styling up a sweatsuit! I am so excited for this post because - HELLO - comfort reigns, especially during the winter and this piece is SO comfortable. If you are scratching your head a bit with the sweatsuit trend let's break it down a bit. First of all, yes - it's super trendy right now! Second, it's VERY wearable. These pieces are so soft and comfortable why not ride the wave of this trend and enjoy it? Also, if it's still feeling a little weird to you... think of it like a one piece jumpsuit or romper, but with two pieces instead of one and much more suited to winter weather.  The jumpsuit I am wearing today runs a little big, I sized down in both the top and the bottom. However you could still go with your usual size if you wanted a little more volume with the top, this fabric has great drape to it so it would look just as good a little oversized. And I think I've mentioned it before but you just will NOT believe how soft these pieces are! SO SOFT! Let's dig into the looks!

Edited to add: THIS top & bottom set is VERY similar and the same sizing and is 40% off right now. So be sure to check out that option too!


Outfit 1 (above)
Put a cardigan on it! I mean, oldest trick in the book here, but seriously... this light grey sweatsuit works perfect with a long cardigan thrown over top. Perfect for running errands, weekend lounging or air or road travel.
Shop the pieces: sweatsuit top & bottom (I went down one size to XS in both pieces), sneakers or similar less expensive sneakers, cardigan

(above) Outfit 2
My go-to piece for spring (please, come quickly spring!) is a denim jacket and I think this sweatsuit is just made for pairing with a denim jacket. I love it. Add some Birkenstocks and you will be the coolest and most comfortable mom in the bleachers this spring!
Shop the pieces: sweatsuit top & bottom (I went down one size to XS in both pieces), denim jacket (true to size), Birkenstocks

(above) Outfit 3
Feeling extra hip? Throw on some trendy sneakers and a suede moto jacket and voila! 
Shop the pieces: sweatsuit top & bottom (I went down one size to XS in both pieces), similar moto jacket, sneakers (go down one full size)

(above) Outfit 4
This is my IDEAL travel outfit right here (maybe just add a denim jacket for one extra layer). Pair the sweatsuit with a graphic tee and you are perfectly comfortable on the flight to somewhere warm. Then when you land you have a lighter layer on underneath. So easy and stylish!
Shop the pieces: sweatsuit top & bottom (I went down one size to XS in both pieces), t-shirt or similar less expensive, similar sneakers or similar less expensive sneakers

(above) Outfit 5
Don't feel like you have to wear the two pieces together every time you wear them. They make great pieces just on their own too! Here I paired the pants with an oversized sweater which is perfect for chilly winter days or lounging around the house on the weekend.
Shop the pieces: sweatsuit bottom (I went down one size to XS), sweater (runs big, size down), similar sneakers or similar less expensive sneakers

(above) Outfit 6
This sweatshirt is gorgeous just on it's own. The fabric is quite beautiful with a great drapey feel. I love it dressed up a bit with black jeans and loafers - you could even throw an oversized blazer over this look.
Shop the pieces: sweatsuit top (I went down one size to XS), jeans, loafers


 

site design by kiki co.