Wednesday, January 8, 2020

my travel style: part II and Madewell Transport Tote Review

Today I am back with part 2 of my travel outfit and travel tote review! If you missed the first one, you can check that out here! For this entire week I will be chatting all things travel - including reviewing some of my favorite travel bags (like today's review of the Madewell Transport Tote), dishing on some of my favorite travel outfits and rounding up all of my travel must-haves! I know many of us are beginning to think about spring break and other warm weather travel for the winter - so I hope you find these posts helpful as you plan.

Transport Tote by Madewell Review
The Transport Tote by Madewell is one of my favorite travel bags and probably the one I use the most often. It's the perfect size for a laptop, wallet, chargers, sunglasses and other small items needed for a carry on for a flight or for a road trip. And unlike the Le Pliage by Longchamp that I reviewed here, I also sometimes use the Transport Tote as an everyday bag too. The leather is just a little more pulled together and I love that it carries all the things for busy days.  I have found the leather to be very durable on this bag, showing almost no wear and tear, even after a lot of use. I like that the leather on the Transport Tote is a little more stiff, so it holds it's shape nicely versus other leather totes I have seen around. A slouchy tote is gorgeous, but a stiffer tote works better for travel in my opinion. This tote is taller than the Le Pliage too - making it a little too tall to stand upright under the seat in front of you on an airplane, I usually gently fold over the top to slide it under. I love that you can have this tote monogrammed in select Madewell stores. I had mine done in the Chicago store - even if you don't buy it there they will still monogram it for you if it's Madewell brand. I even believe I got it for free - but don't quote me on that. There are LOTS of Transport tote sizes and colors too... so this bag truly has something for everyone.  I highly recommend this tote!

Favorite Travel Outfit Combinations, Part II
Along with this tote being my most used when I travel, this outfit combination is also my go-to as well. Leggings, a tee (or sweatshirt), sneakers and a denim jacket works great for ALL types of travel. It's comfort at it's peak, especially this pair of leggings. I find them exceedingly comfortable, especially for long travel days (or nights). And simple layers like these are perfect when you land in warmer locations - which can always be tricky to dress for properly. This is definitely one of my all time favorite outfit combos for travel here.












Outfit Details:
Denim Jacket (or similar less expensive option) - true to size, I am in a small
Graphic Tee (or similar less expensive option) - true to size, I am in a small
Leggings - true to size, I am in a small


 

site design by kiki co.