Wednesday, January 15, 2020

my everyday style: the amazon sweater I am obsessed with!

Do you buy clothing pieces you love in multiples? I'm super curious to know your take on this!  I never really have... for the longest time if I found a top or sweater I loved then I would enjoy it and find other tops I would enjoy too. For a while it just seemed kind of like hoarding to me. Do I really need a cute top in 3 colors? But lately I've found that when I find a piece that I love - like really, really love - I am drawn to buying in multiples. I didn't even realize I was doing it first... I had found Spanx leggings I loved, so I bought a few more. I had a blazer I loved and found myself thinking, I would wear this a lot in other colors too. And when I found this sweater and tried it on the first time I knew more colors were in my future.

Buying multiples of the same pieces doesn't feel superfluous or overly materialistic anymore (not that I was ever staunchly against it). Instead, it feels like doubling down on the items I KNOW I love and that work well in my wardrobe right now. It feels like I'm accessing a level of maturity in my clothing decisions that says "GO WITH WHAT WORKS" and leave the rest behind. It feels like a start at streamlining and simplifying my wardrobe that feels like a uniform in the best way possible. It feels like honing my personal style where myself and others would say "yes, that's a Jill top." Kate Middleton does this so well - you know her style and what to expect from her. It gives off an amazing vibe of confidence. It's okay to come to terms with the idea that my outfits don't need to "wow" anyone... but instead my clothing choices are able to give me freedom (from wearing things that may not be for me) and confidence (in what works for me).

This all brings me to today's outfits... I found this sweater on Amazon and it's so good. I loved it instantly and have worn it so often I knew purchasing it in more colors was a great idea. I started with the black, snagged the grey next and then realized I couldn't live without the white. I love them ALL. I also love that it can be worn with leggings for a more casual look or with jeans for a little bit more dressed up, since both are in heavy rotation in my closet. And the sweater is SO WARM and cozy, it's perfect for winter days. The black sweater is size small but both the grey and white are size extra small. All three are oversized, so depending on how you want it to fit - keep that in mind for sizing!

Here are three ways to style this sweater... I hope you gain some inspiration here. They are all ways that I personally love to wear this piece and speak to its versatility.
















Outfit Details:






 

site design by kiki co.