Monday, November 25, 2019

nordstrom winter try on session!

I've got some cozy and wintery try ons for you today! It's officially all sweaters all the time around here and I am loving it.  Sweaters are probably my favorite piece to wear all year long (until I get sick of them and need a break in the spring) - it is my absolute favorite to slip on a cozy sweater and jeans for the day. As you have probably noticed I don't do a lot of blouses or tops other than sweaters in the winter. Is that just me!?!

Keep in mind that try on sessions are just like the fitting room. I order a few things, try them, see if I like them and then make a decision on what I will keep and what goes back. I rarely keep everything but if you want the inside track on what I keep and what I send back you can scroll all the way to the bottom of the post where I lay it all out! Today's pieces are SO cozy and cute - I think you will like them... let's take a look!

(above) Turtleneck Sweater (35% off right now!)
I am loving the rust, gold, brown tones this fall and winter. It's a fresh take on a simple neutral and this sweater perfectly embodies that! It's just gorgeous! If this color isn't your thing, this sweater is available in lots of other beautiful colors too. This sweater is the perfect thickness and runs true to size, I am in my usual size small. I love the brown sweater paired with both blue or black jeans.
Shop the pieces:

I've heard ladies rave and rave about the Barefoot Dreams cardigans and finally took the plunge. I'll be honest the price tag is a little eye popping. But I have to say this cardigan is like nothing I've ever experienced before - oh my! It's so, so soft - like I can't even explain how soft it is, it's so soft. There are no words! And it's got a really nice heavy and warm feel to it. It's really so incredibly unique and special. I can see why everyone raves about it!  I dressed it down with sneakers (it would be great with leggings too!) and also up with ankle boots. This runs a little big, I went down one size to an XS.
Shop the pieces:

This sweatshirt is not too thick and oh so cute! The mock neck and bubble sleeves paired with the tweed-ish looking fabric is casual but also a refined too! I love it paired with jeans or leggings! It fits oversized, I went down one size to an XS and it fits perfectly.
Shop the pieces:

Give me ALLLLL the warm scarves for winter! This one is amazing! It's huge and I love the dramatic tassels and it's incredibly soft. Coming in at just under $50 it would be a great gift for any lady on your list too! It's beautiful on it's own or with a coat!
Shop the pieces: scarf, sweater, jeans, loafers, coat (I went down one size, it's 40% off today!)

You saw these jeans in a few outfits above but let's chat about them quickly. I have a very similar pair in white that I wore a lot this past summer and I was excited to try them in blue. I LOVE these. They won't work great with winter boots - admittedly - but for now while there is no snow on the ground (fingers crossed) they work great. They are true to size with the perfect amount of stretch and I love the slight flare at the ankle. 
Shop the pieces:
left: jeanssweater, flats
right: jeanssweater, loafers (50% off today)

This time of year you know I have to include some cozy pjs or loungewear! This set is INCREDIBLE. I am obsessed. These are available in tons of colors (including a fun tie dye color that would be so fun for teens) and are incredibly soft. What I love is that they are so cute they don't feel like pjs and you could definitely get away with popping a coat over them for carpool or errands (I mean, sometimes that is how it goes!). I can't say enough good things about them.  These run true to size. I am in my usual size small with a little room to spare.

These are so incredibly soft and I can't even handle it! I snagged a few pairs to give as gifts and popped an extra in the cart for myself. Seriously consider grabbing these for the ladies on your list! They are so so good!

I think you either LOVE Golden Goose or you hate them, but I am in the LOVE camp for sure. I got my first pair almost exactly a year ago and I knew instantly a year ago that I would buy another pair at some point. I wear mine ALL THE TIME. I have been looking for a leopard pair for a while and they kept selling out. So when I saw this style pop up a month ago I set a business goal for myself that if I reached it I would splurge on them - then I doubled the goal. So I earned these ;) I've worn them a few times and I'm in love. If you want to see my post comparing sneakers including the Golden Goose you can find that here. And I give an honest review of them here.



Final thoughts:
Turtleneck Sweater, love it and already wore it last weekend! It's a keeper!
- Barefoot Dreams Cardigan, not gonna lie I am waffling a little on this price tag. I'm going to sleep on it and see how I feel. It's is JUST SO SOFT. It's hard to resist!
- Mock Neck Sweatshirt, I love this! It's unique and so comfortable. This is a keeper!
- Oversized Tassel Scarf, I can see getting a lot of wear out of this one! I'm going to keep it!
- Demi Boot Jeans, I've already worn these! So these are staying. I love them.
- PJ/Lounge Set, I just can't resist these and kind of want another pair too!
- Barefoot Dreams Socks, I bought pair for myself and 4 more pairs for ladies on my holiday list this year! They are SO GOOD!
- Golden Goose, OBSESSED. Kept.


What didn't work...
I tried this top, this top and this cardigan recently and didn't like them at all. Weird fabric, weird fits, etc. I don't like to talk bad about products but just so you know I don't keep everything or "love" everything.



 

site design by kiki co.