Thursday, November 21, 2019

Holiday gift guide 2019: tweens/teens!

I officially have only tweens and teens in the house so my kids gift guide is going to be geared towards them since I have very little insight into what's on the wishlist for the younger kids. Tweens/teens can by super tricky to buy for because their wants are usually quite specific. I will outline the items that are on my kids' wishlists this year and include some items that they already own and love.

top row, from left:
bluetooth speaker is great for using in their rooms or while playing video games and what kid doesn't love playing music?
You know boys are never cold (at least my son never is - or just refuses to wear a big coat) so this pullover jacket is perfect for everyday wear.
Keep the kid alive in them with these lego architecture kits. There are lots of cityscapes to choose from and my son still loves these. Plus, it's a fun activity on Christmas Day.

middle row, from left:
Yes AirPods are quite expensive but my son asked for them for his birthday when they first came out and he still loves them and shockingly still hasn't lost them. They are perfect for the boy that is difficult to shop for.
A simple Patagonia hat makes a great stocking stuffer and this brand is popular with the kids these days so it's a win for everyone - and heck, maybe he will wear it when it's cold!?!?
My kids are obsessed with vans sneakers and so is about every other kid at their school from what I've seen. This pair is super cool looking!

bottom row, from left:
My son lives in sweatshirts and an Adidas sweatshirt is top on his Christmas wishlist this year. This one looks really cool.
My son used his own money to buy these LED light strips for his room and I was skeptical at first - but they are REALLY cool. They work with an app and have all sorts of cool features for a really great price.
My son is super into skincare lately and this counterman set is going in his stocking. My husband loves this set and I think my son will too. Plus, it smells great!


~~~

top row, from left:
Just like my son lives in sweatshirts, my daughter lives in pullover fleeces and this pullover fleece jacket in leopard is so cute. I know she will love it!
These Zella leggings are my daughters favorite and the sizing is quite generous so girls can fit into them longer before going to the women's version - I personally feel like the girls version is much softer too!
This fjallraven backpack is so darling and available in literally TONS of colors. My daughter LOVES hers and is already asking for another color. They are a bit pricey but so far have been one of the most quality backpacks she's owned.

middle row, from left:
Chances are if you have a tween/teen daughter she wants a hydro flask - I'm not going to theorized on the popularity of these but I can tell you: she wants one. ;)
Another great stocking stuffer is this adorable pink bluetooth speaker - perfect for tagging on backpacks or door handles in her room this is sure to be a winner!
Just like all the boy are obsessed with vans shoes - so are the girls! These slip ons are under $50 and my daughter loves hers!

bottom row, from left:
Pom Pom hat is the perfect gift for every lady on your list old or young - they are cute and practical and make great stocking stuffers too!
I kind of thought that pop sockets had their moment, but my daughter is still obsessing over them. And seriously how cute is this glitter pop socket?
Both my daughter and I are obsessed with these lip jellies - seriously! Grab one for all the young ladies on your list!




And there are always a few gifts that I like to buy for both kids... here are some favorites in our house: candy advent calendar (always fun and delicious - no matter the age!), echo dot (great for alarm clocks and playing music in their rooms), Disney+ membership (my son loves all the Star Wars and my daughter loves all the classics!), pj pants boys (only $15!), pj set girls (under $15!), portable charger (these make great stocking stuffers at only $10!)



 

site design by kiki co.