Monday, October 28, 2019

try on session: Old Navy Fall!

Today I've got a great Old Navy try on session! I love their simple and classic basics this time of year.   Old Navy seems to just be getting better and better and each season I fall more in love with their offerings. Items like sweaters, cardigans and layering pieces that are right on trend and also made of quality fabrics that look and feel great when you wear them.  They also have some GREAT outerwear for amazing prices this time of year too - check out this post for some great outerwear options.

This cardigan is super soft and is available in lots of colors. I love wearing it buttoned up as a sweater instead of open like a cardigan, but it works both ways! To make sure the v-neck wasn't too low I went down a size - and it still fits great. I am wearing an XS here. I think the sweater looks great with both white or black jeans for a cozy fall look. (shop the pieces: cardigan, black jeans, white jeans, leopard mules, brown flats)

above: Floral Top
If you are looking for an affordable floral top for fall this is it! It has an adorable cinched waist that's elastic (super comfortable!) with a tie to make it really flattering. If you want ideas on how to style it it would work great with any of THESE looks. I went with my usual size, size small. (shop the pieces: floral blouse, flare leg jeans, skinny jeans, black flats, ankle boots, utility jacket)

This cardigan is SO good you guys! It runs a little big, I sized down to an x-small, so I would suggest sizing down.  On the left I paired it with these great henleys - I got one in black and white because they layer so well for fall and winter and they are a great price. I love that this cardigan can easily be dressed up or down. (shop the pieces: cardigan, white henley, white blouse, blue jeans, black jeans, ankle boots, loafers)

(above) V-Neck Sweater 
This sweater was released last spring in a crewneck and it's back this season in a v-neck. It's very soft and has a great drapey fit. If you don't live somewhere cold but you still want a sweater this one is more lightweight and not wooly. So it's very season-less. I went up a size to get a slouchier feel and I love it, I am in a medium here. (shop the pieces: sweater, blue jeans, black jeans, leopard loafers, black loafers)

(above) 
Hey! I've got pjs on in a try on session. Not at all awkward! But seriously, I've been raving about these pjs for YEARS. Old Navy releases them every fall with LOTS of fun holiday patterns. I love that this year they released this grey option too. I have a few pairs of the holiday prints from years past but love a neutral option too. These make great girlfriend gifts, gifts for teens/tweens, family matching pjs for the holidays, etc. They are SO SO good and the price is amazing. I am in my usual size small in the top and bottom. Also note that sizes and patterns usually sell out, so even if it seems early to snag them for the holidays - do it! On another cozy note, I've also raved about these sherpa socks which are another great find for the holidays. Snag some extras for white elephant gifts, favorite things exchanges or stocking stuffers. They are seriously SO warm and comfortable. My daughter and I are obsessed with them!

Final Thoughts:
Button Front Cardigan - I love this and I've already worn it for our family photos last weekend! It's a keeper! 
Floral Top - this was a contender for family photos but in the end didn't work out. I am going to return this one simply because I have another floral top already.
Dolman Sleeve Long Cardigan - this is definitely a keeper! I've already worn it and love it!
V-Neck Sweater  -  I can see this being such a great wardrobe staple I can't resist keeping this one.
Thermal PJ Top & Bottom - definitely keeping these AND going back for more for Christmas Eve pjs. This are no joke the best.



 

site design by kiki co.