Monday, August 26, 2019

my everyday style: the perfect black top!

Today is the day... my kids are officially back in school today. This was the fastest summer ever. And I have a feeling that now that my kids are older this is the norm. The summer was literally a blink. Long gone are the days of hanging at the pool and park ad nauseum. I don't know exactly HOW we spent our days this past summer - mostly with them being very teenage-ery and me driving them around. This summer has definitely marked the end of an era for our family. I'll be honest I've mourned a bit this summer - it's probably a full blog post for a later date - but summer with teens in the house is so different. It's not bad. Just different. There is a part of me that really misses summer days with littles in the house - those days were insanely challenging but also so "fun" - parks, zoos, swing sets, early bedtimes, swimming for 5 straight hours and popsicles. That phase of motherhood is over for me. And it's a little sad.

But in our house we are also moving on to some very fun NEW things! Like high school dances (!), soccer games in the stadium, drivers ed and so many other new adventures. As a mom I'm finding this  transition both stressful and quite sad - BUT I'm really working to remember how EXCITING it is too. Not just for my kids - but also for my husband and I. It's amazing to see our, what seems like, babies take flight into this world.  And to support them through this big transition. When kids are little it's all about the "firsts" and there are lots of "firsts" for middle and high schoolers - but there are also a lot of "lasts" too. As we close this huge chapter of grade school in our kids' lives it has left a lot of complicated feelings.

Also - how is it that they are growing up so quickly, but I'm not getting older. Haha. I wish.

In other news... you all know I am obsessed with a simple black top these days. You can see the other one I am obsessed with here. I can't resist the simplicity and ease in getting ready with a nice black top to throw on. I love the swingy feel of this one, which can be worn both untucked for a flowier look or with a little half tuck to keep the waist defined. Either way it's great!  Anyone else excited for FLATS season? I love sandals but now that the temps are cooling a bit I am loving pulling out these flats again.












Outfit Details:



 

site design by kiki co.