Thursday, May 9, 2019

6 ways to style: casual black skirt for spring & summer!

Today I am back with another fun SIX WAYS TO STYLE post... If you are new around here this is a series where I take I item and shop my closet to style it up into six outfits. I love this series for a few reasons... 1) it helps me get creative with my closet - believe me, I LOVE new clothes, but you (and I) can easily make plenty of outfits from what we already own and these posts remind me of that 2) this post helps me as I do shop for new pieces - I simply ask myself how many ways I can envision styling an item and that helps me decide if an item is truly "worth it". Plus I have gotten great feedback from you gals that you love this post to - so it's a big win for everyone!

If you need some more outfit ideas or want to get caught up on past posts you can see them all HERE - you can see me style up leggings, a t-shirt dress, jeans & a white tee, a graphic tee and more - so make sure you check out the archives too!

Today I am styling up this simple black skirt six ways. When I did my denim short try on haul HERE I got lots of feedback that you wanted more spring and summer outfit ideas that were NOT shorts. Shorts are fun for summer and work for lots of outfits and scenarios, but they aren't for everyone. I don't always love wearing shorts either and sometimes they just aren't appropriate for an event or for what the day calls for. This simple skirt I am styling here today is casual and comfortable for busy moms but it's NOT shorts.  I would call this fabric a heavy t-shirt or a light sweatshirt material. It's very soft and very stretchy and quite flattering! I am in a size small for reference here. It's also available in a few colors so you are sure to find a style you love, plus it's under $25!!

If you want to see all the looks in action I will post videos of each outfit on my IGTV later today - so be sure to check back there!


~~~


Outfit 1 (above):
I love styling this skirt a little more sporty with sneakers and a graphic tee. This is a super mom-friendly look and the denim jacket is the perfect layer for cool spring days or over air conditioned places while running errands. 


Outfit 2 (above):
Stripes are a no-brainer for sprig and summer! This slouchy striped top is perfectly paired with the black skirt with a little half tuck. I love to pattern mix stripes with a little pop of leopard on the sandals and a basket clutch is a fun summery touch!
shop the pieces: skirt, striped top, sandals, basket clutch


Outfit 3 (above):
I love this very pulled together look with a long cardigan. This look is SO easy and comfortable while looking way 'fancier' than it really is. This could definitely pass in a casual office environment or on a casual summer Friday. 
shop the pieces: skirt, cardigan, tank top, sandals, similar tote


Outfit 4 (above):
I love this monochromatic look with the black jacket and black skirt. This moto jacket is perfect for all seasons and I love it with the skirt for running errands or just working from home. This look definitely has a fun sport vibe to it! 
shop the pieces: skirt, jackettank top, sneakers, tote


Outfit 5 (above):
This look is most likely going to be my summer mom-uniform. I can tell already that this exact combo is going to get lots of wear. A tank paired with this skirt is PERFECT for those super hot summer days when you have to get ALL the things accomplished. It's just so easy. 
shop the pieces: skirt, tank, Birkenstocks, bag


Outfit 6 (above):
I love pulling out a chambray shirt for a casual day or a day when I want to feel more pulled together. You can NEVER go wrong with a chambray shirt. It always just seems to work. I love it paired with the black skirt and brown accessories here. It's so classic and easy to wear at the same time.
shop the pieces: skirt, chambray top, sandals, similar bag


 

site design by kiki co.