Wednesday, April 24, 2019

my everyday style: a striped dress 3 ways!

When I'm shopping for clothes I am always mentally running through how I will style the piece, how I envision it fitting in with other clothes in my closet and what types of days/events the piece will work for. I tend towards super versatile and neutral pieces - I mean if you've spent a minute around here you would see that - because they just mix and match so easily. I LOVE clothes and I LOVE shopping but I also don't have a ton of time to come up with outfits everyday. I just want those easy pieces that can instantly be made into outfits.

When I found this striped dress it was love at first sight. First off, I love a long sleeve dress - and they can be surprisingly difficult to find. Secondly, you know I can't resist stripes.  Plus I love that it's fitted while not being too tight and the length hitting right above the knee is an easy length for moms to pull off for everyday wear. So this dress is checking a lot of boxes while still being super affordable.

Here I layered and styled this striped dress into three different looks. Spring is all about layers in the midwest - one minute it's cold and rainy and the next it's sunny and warm, only to start the rotation all over again. This dress is 100% great on it's own... but in case you want an extra layer, it's really easy to layer up as well.












 

site design by kiki co.