Thursday, April 25, 2019

spring try on session!

Today I've got a fresh batch of spring try-ons here on the blog for you... if you follow me on Instagram Stories you may have actually seen these items already. So I guess they aren't "too fresh" (wink, wink).  Mainly these are pieces from the recent Shopbop sale (which is unfortunately no longer going on) but it's admittedly taken me a while to get them up here for you. If you don't regularly shop at Shopbop (you should!) I also linked to other retailers that you may shop more often that carry the same items.  However some items are Shopbop exclusives so not all pieces will have multiple options to shop.  I will say that I LOVE Shopbop's super quick and FREE shipping.  Plus it's an Amazon company so you can use your Prime Shipping privileges too - which is a major bonus.

As always with try-on sessions... I rarely keep everything. Since I do about 99% of my shopping online there are always items I try but that may not work or items that I think I will love that just don't work in the end. Read on for sizing info and my thoughts on the pieces!

above: So many gals seems to be chatting up these AGolde denim shorts for summer as the "it" pair of shorts.  I thought I would give them a try because I LOVE a good pair of denim shorts.  I usually go up a size in denim shorts for that "slouchy" feel but I had heard these ran big so I got my usual size which is a 26 and these were definitely slouchy. Maybe a little too slouchy so I would almost say go down a size, especially if you are between sizes. I love the distressing on these and they are 100% cotton so they have that classic denim feel - but no stretch.  Shop the pieces: shorts, tee, bag, sneakers, similar less expensive sneakers

above: I figured while I was trying the AGolde shorts I might as well try the AGolde jeans too. For this pair I went UP a size to 27. These too are 100% cotton with no stretch and quite high waisted so going up a size worked PERFECT for me. I didn't want to love these jeans because the last thing I need is another pair of jeans (hoarder!) but I LOVE them (yes, in all CAPS). Shop the pieces: jeans (buy here or here), tee, sweater blazer, flats, basket bag

above: How cute is this striped dress? It has a little gathered tie on the side which is so flattering and the fabric is SO soft and stretchy. I got my usual size (small) and it fits like a glove so if you are between sizes you might want to go up a size.  I love that the tank top has nice thick straps so you can wear a regular bra and it's adorable paired with a denim jacket. Shop the pieces: dress (buy here or here), denim jacket, espadrilles

above: This type of look is my mom-uniform MANY days of the week. I'm a sucker for a sweatshirt and leggings combo! I love that this sweatshirt is nice and long and the high side slit gives it a fun silhouette. I am wearing a size small here which is a little roomy. I could've gone with an XS too - so keep that in mind when you decide how you like the fit to be. Shop the pieces: sweatshirt, leggings, slip on sneakers, tote

above: This side stripe dress is so fun for summer - how perfect would this be for 4th of July or Memorial Day activities? The dress is made of sweatshirt material and is so soft and I am wearing my true size - size small. It would be adorable paired with a denim jacket too. Shop the pieces: dress, basket clutchsneakerssimilar less expensive sneakers

above: I am ALWAYS on the hunt for simple and easy summer dresses. They are the perfect thing to throw on in the summer for hanging with the kids, running errands or heading to the pool. This one definitely checks all those boxes. You can definitely wear it on it's own but here I styled it up a bit for brunch, maybe a casual day in the office or even Sunday church. Shop the pieces: dress, denim jacket, sandals, belt

above: I also snagged these sneakers with an espadrille sole which are SO cute and comfy! I can't wait to wear them with jeans, shorts and dresses this summer! You can buy them here or here.

above: These sandals were the "it" sandal last summer and I think they are making a repeat this summer! They are affordable with real leather and are quite comfortable. I love this gold color with dresses, shorts or jeans this summer. You can buy them here or here or here.


 

site design by kiki co.