Tuesday, January 22, 2019

my go-to nail polish colors (for regular and shellac manicures)!

Whenever I show my hands on my Instagram stories I end up being deluged with questions about my nail color... I ALWAYS try to respond if I can remember what color they are. If you have ever DM'd me or messaged me about my nails and I haven't gotten back to you - I apologize... it's probably just because I don't remember the name!  But I have FINALLY gotten my act together and rounded up my favorite nail colors all in one place so both you and (forgetful) me can reference what color I am wearing! These are the polishes I use at home... but when I get shellac/gel manicures I usually go with very similar colors so I referenced those names as well below so that you can always ask or look for it at your local nail salon.

As far as the brand of nail polish I love, it's pretty obvious here... the Essie Gel Couture line is my favorite at-home nail polish.  You simply paint TWO coats of the color and then ONE coat of the top coat and I have found that not only is this the EASIEST polish to use at home (it goes on really nicely for us amateurs) it also lasts the longest for me.  I usually try to do touch up the top coat a day or two after I first paint my nails and I can usually get 5-6 days out of manicure.  Which isn't much for some ladies, but for me that is AWESOME. I am super tough on my nails. Even shellac manicures usually only last me 10 days.  So for way less time and way less money I will take the 5 day manicure from home. Also, this polish comes off with nail polish remover so there is NO SOAKING like with a traditional shellac manicure.  Like I said already - this stuff is just SO EASY to use. When I am at the nail salon I always go for the CND shellac polish.  I find it stays on my nails better than other brands, but that's just me.


Pre-Show Jitters - I would describe this polish as a white-ish pink. I think I get the MOST compliments on this one. White nails are super popular right now but this still has a little pink in it to make sure it's not too harsh. (similar CND: Winter Glow)

Matter of Fiction - this is the perfect pale pink with a tiny touch of white to it. This is ultra feminine and so pretty.

Fairy Tailor - if you like OPI Bubble Bath or Essie's classic Ballet Slippers this is pretty much the exact color. This is SUPER classic and elegant and my favorite of the bunch. (similar CND is Romantique)

Sheer Fantasy - this is a pinkish sheer color. So it looks like your natural nails with just a touch of pink. I love this polish because it seems to stay on the longest or the chips are less noticeable. 

Beauty Marked - if you need a classic red this is it! It's bright and bold and I love it for Christmas or Valentine's and it's a great red for a pedicure as well. (similar CND is Wild Fire)

Model Clicks - this color is my obsession when it comes to shellac manicures but to be super honest I find it messy and that it easily chips for at home manicures. I do wear it often for my toes though as it seems to stay on there longer.  (similar CND is Fedora or Black Dahlia)

Then simply add one layer of top coat and voila! You are done!



 

site design by kiki co.