Tuesday, January 29, 2019

my everyday style: snow day!

Winter is NOT messing around these days with all this snow... I feel like the snow this winter is much more intense than last winter. Or maybe it's just winter amnesia. Outfits these days 100% revolve around what boots and coat I am going to wear... that is, if I'm actually leaving the house. Otherwise it's mostly leggings, oversized sweaters, sweatshirts, joggers... basically indoor pajamas all day long. I'm not minding all the coziness, minus the cabin fever, but I will admit it doesn't make for the best blog content. So bear with me until - well... uh, maybe spring at this point. Kidding!

What is even crazier is that these photos were taken when it was pretty snowy, but it has since snowed TONS more! We are definitely hunkered down with Netflix and books until further notice.

But seriously... let's talk about this outfit.  So I showed this coat to everyone on instagram stories (follow me there if you aren't already!) and we all agreed it was such a great coat (so many of you had already purchased it!) and a great sale price.  Most sizes are sold out, but I have been noticing that some sizes keep restocking. If you happen to come across a restock, note that it runs big... I am wearing an XS here.  Otherwise I will link to some similar options below because I think this style is so classic for winter.  I paired it with my favorite wedge Sorel boots, which are 2 or 3 years old... so I am also linking to similar options. If you want a warm boot that is good in snow and ice but still stylish I can't recommend this style enough. The wedge is great and they are surprisingly warm without being bulky. Plus it has a great tread for getting through snow and ice. Then I just layered it all over skinny jeans and sweater - my go-to - and voila! I'm suddenly the boss of winter. Well, not really because if I really was I would fire winter and replace her with spring. But I'm definitely winning the winter game!











Outfit details:
Coat - on mega sale!
Wedge boots (similar or similar)



 

site design by kiki co.