Thursday, October 4, 2018

my everyday style: white jeans for fall!

I'm still squeezing in a few more outfits with white jeans this fall - I just can't resist. These white jeans were a definite favorite this past summer and I'm having a hard time letting them go until spring... what's the one item you will be missing the most from your summer wardrobe?

If there is another outfit that is more "ME" than this one... I still haven't found it. White jeans (check), stripes (check), a camel blazer (check) and pointy toe shoes (check and on sale!). All these together makes for an outfit I seriously want to wear multiple times and gladly would. Lately I've been trying to tune more into those outfits that make me feel, well, most "me."  It's not always easy to do, even as someone who's job revolves around clothes all day.  First of all, it's a moving target, what feels "me" this year isn't always what felt like me last year. Or sometimes I just falter. I will get wrapped up in trends or what looks cute on other people. I will "accidentally" wear sweatshirts and sneakers for too many days in a row (which is probably telling me something, but I'm ignoring that).  It's not always easy for me to tap into my personal style - even as a blogger - actually I think it's harder as a blogger. The pressure is on a bit.  What if my personal style IS sweatshirts and sneakers everyday or the same combo of stripes and a blazer on repeat?  What then?

The reason I started this blog in the first place was because I would open magazines and just never see style that truly resonated with me. So I figured I would just create it for myself and maybe I would feel inspired and maybe someone else would too. You are NEVER going to see this outfit in a magazine... but I think it's still valid inspiration to put out into the world. Maybe this look will feel like "you" too. Or maybe it will be a big miss and you'll begin to know what does work by finding out what doesn't work.









Outfit Details:
Sweater Blazer (I'm wearing an xs)
Striped Tank (I'm wearing a small)
Bow Mules (I suggest going down a half size - 40% off right now!)
Earrings (I got mine from Rocksbox - try your first month for FREE with this link!)

 

site design by kiki co.