Tuesday, October 2, 2018

my everyday style: easy fall layers!

Who is loving fall layering season so far!?!?! We've definitely gotten some practice with it here in the Midwest with some CHILLY weather lately.  But I'm loving the crisp feel to the air - so I'll take it. A vest is a great way to layer up for fall whether you have "warmer" fall weather or "cooler" fall weather where you live. If you live in the midwest, throw a vest over a sweatshirt or sweater like I did here. If you live further south simply throw a vest on over a long or short sleeve tee depending on the day.  Vests can be both a surprisingly lightweight layering option or really help make a sweater so much warmer when needed.

My camo obsession seems to be borderline out of control right now, but since camo acts as a neutral it's so easy to style up this season. If you aren't into camo, this exact vest is available in plain green as well. I love this vest paired with a simple grey sweatshirt (this one is relaxed, but not sloppy), distressed jeans and sneakers for a busy mom-on-the-go look. Plus, with all this gloomy weather we've been having it seems to match the fall mood perfectly.

Speaking of gloomy weather... what's your favorite gloomy weather activity? Mine is hands down a book and a nap - but since that isn't always feasible I've instead been lighting a favorite candle (a fall ritual I love) and listening to podcasts (feels like reading a book!) while I work at my desk or around the house. I loved Oprah's recent interview with Ralph Lauren, Gwenyth Paltrow's 10 year anniversary Q&A for Goop and Rachel Hollis as a guest on the Lewis Howe's podcast School of Greatness.  All three were incredibly inspiring and light-hearted to listen to on an otherwise blah day. What podcasts have you been loving lately? I would love to hear!











Outfit Details:
Sweatshirt - I'm wearing a size small
Vest - I'm wearing a size XS



 

site design by kiki co.