Thursday, September 20, 2018

trunk club fall try-on session!

It's time for another Trunk Club try-on session! I usually get about 2-3 boxes a year from Trunk Club and if you've never heard of them... you are missing out. Trunk Club is a personal shopping service owned by Nordstrom. You can get personalized boxes sent to you regularly, or only when you choose. If you are a Nordstrom cardholder you can get the $25 styling fee waived, or I believe if you make a purchase the styling fee is waived as well. You simply chat with your stylist about what type of box you are looking for: a vacation, a special event, work wear, fitness apparel and they also offer the service to men.  Then your stylist will send you a quick preview of the trunk she is sending you for edits/approval via email and before you know it all the clothes will be on your doorstep to try before you buy. I love this service because it's often fun to get out of my box and try things I wouldn't usually and it's just SO easy.  I prefer to try items on at home versus in a fitting room, and this is a GREAT way to do that.  Plus you can get really specific with your stylist about your budget, your style or individual items you are looking for. And did I mention, it's just SO easy. I'm all about easy.  To get your first box... head this way!

For this box I requested some fall items. I usually tell my gal to keep it pretty budget friendly and maybe throw in a few splurges, since this is how I shop in general.  And this box had some really awesome pieces... check them out below!  This post isn't sponsored... I just genuinely love this service!

This gorgeous burgundy top is for SURE a keeper. How gorgeous is this for a fall date night, Thanksgiving celebration or even for holiday parties later this year? It's absolutely beautiful and feels great on as well.  I'm wearing an XS here.

You know I am a sucker for stripes and this sweatshirt was adorable! I'm wearing an XS here.

I can never resist a cardigan for fall.  This gorgeous option had a belt in the back to keep it looking tailored and was ultra soft. I am wearing an XS.  She also sent these super dark wash jeans that are really comfortable. The jeans are true to size.

Who doesn't love a good oversized sweater for fall? This gorgeous cable knit sweater was oh so soft and I love the long tunic length. Perfect with leggings or skinny jeans and ankle boots for fall. I'm wearing an XS here.

I just LOVED these black ankle boots. Unfortunately I already have quite a few pairs of black ankle boots (oops!) so these had to go back. But the zipper details are great and they are also available in plenty of colors. I found them to be true to size.

This beautiful top was another keeper! I love the soft and drapey fabric and the v-neck in the front matches the v-neck in the back. And it's SO pretty.  I'm wearing an XS here, size down in this brand.  I absolutely LOVED these jeans here as well. Mother Jeans are so flattering - but go down one size. This pair was a touch big for me, so I am exchanging them. And yes, "exchanges" are totally allowed if something doesn't fit but you can't live without it!

This top is the perfect example of a piece I wouldn't usually pick out for myself, but I'm glad I tried. In the end it was a touch too small, I'm wearing an XS here... but it was so pretty. This top will need a came under it for fall as it's a little sheer.

Lastly this classic fall cardigan was a sure bet. You know I am a sucker for simple pieces and this cardigan is so soft without being wooly. It's a great transitional piece for fall over tees, tanks or even dresses. 


 

site design by kiki co.