Wednesday, September 19, 2018

my everyday style: West Michigan fall bucket list!

And just like that September is in FULL swing! This is one of my favorite times of year, but I'm always shocked how quickly the time passes... since it's also one of the busiest.  I recently went out to a local U-Pick Flower Farm here in Michigan to pick some gorgeous early fall flowers and loved every minute of it. This activity has been on my bucket list for a few years and it was so fun to meet a friend there and finally do it! Which got me thinking... our family needs to put together a fall bucket list for fall here in West Michigan. It's a magical time of year here with so many fun activities for the whole family and since it's such a quick season... it can be gone before you know it! I polled my husband and kids... here's what's on our list:

Fall Family Bucket List
1. Pick apples - we've actually never picked apples! Only eaten them!
2. Visit the cider mill - Robinettes is our favorite.
3. Pick out pumpkins for the front porch - I've found that Heidi's in Lowell has the best selection and prices! (and their donuts aren't too shabby either, you know... since we are there and all!)
4. Family photos - we really need to get some fresh photos of the four of us!
5. Beach sunset - sure summer at the beach is fun, but fall can be too... grab some sweatshirts and pack a cooler and catch the sunset!
6. Fall mums at Frederik Meijer Gardens - the fall decor at FMG this time of year is unmatched. It's such a fun day to head out there, see all the gorgeous pumpkins, mums and gourds and get a little brisk walk in too!
7. Bake an apple pie - I'm not the best baker, but each fall I can usually whip up one seriously impressive pie.
8. Visit a flower u-pick! Perfect with big kids, little kids, or just with the girls... Three Acre Farm is the perfect place to find sunflowers, dahlias and more! Make sure you check their website or FB for hours before you go and you must ask permission to take professional photos there or do photoshoots in advance, FYI. (This one is DONE!)
9. Go 'up north' for a weekend! This one my husband and I are hogging all to ourselves with a little anniversary trip soon.
10. ArtPrize! Getting downtown to see the art is always a fun family tradition each fall. If you aren't local, find a fair or community event in your city to make into a yearly tradition!
11. Do a football party. My son wants to reserve one Sunday afternoon of football and make it into a full blown party with hot wings, chips & dip and all the best "football" food. I can't argue with this one!

What's on your fall bucket list? Because I feel like we could still add a few more activities to ours!

~~~

Also on my fall bucket list? Wear this sweater AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.  You guys, this classic rollback sweater reimagined is everything I hoped it would be.  It's soft and warm (without being itchy!) and I love the relaxed vibe it gives off for everyday wear. It's available in TONS of colors and while I just love this cream color... there are also another few colors that I feel like I just "have to have" for fall. Paired with some easy skinny jeans and Hunter boots, it's the perfect outfit for any of the items on our family bucket list this year.












(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Sweater - I'm wearing a size small



 

site design by kiki co.