Thursday, August 23, 2018

summer to fall try on session!

Looking for some pieces to effortlessly transition your wardrobe from summer to fall? Well, what a coincidence... me too! My summer clothes seem to have over-stayed their welcome and my closet is begging for a few fresh pieces for August and September.  This time of year I always crave some new clothes - but the kicker is that it's still going to feel like summer for the next couple of months and then BAM before we all know it, fall weather will truly be here.  So this time of year I am looking for pieces that work well for these late summer days (well, in theory, it's still quite warm here!) and also that will layer well for when the weather does actually cool down.

Today I rounded up some fun dressing room try-ons I recently did at two of my favorites... Old Navy and J.Crew... read on to see why I love each piece and for sizing info as well!

above: I love a field jacket like this one for layering this time of year... wear it now with a tank for chilly evenings and later with a sweater for football games. Can I get an amen?  This one comes in TONS of fun colors like pink, camo, navy or the classic green and is a great price. I'm wearing a small here.  I'm obsessed with this ultra soft striped sweater. Perfect with shorts now for an evening ice cream run and with jeans and ankle boots when the weather cools (I'm also wearing a size small here). And if you are looking for a fun pair of distressed jeans... this pair is great! I love the released hem - they are true to size, I'm wearing a size 2.

above: I'm a sucker for tops with cute embroidery details. This striped top with a cute little heart embroidered is officially my favorite.  Again, I'm wearing a size small here.  This pair of jeans is a little different than the pair above in that the distressing is a little more understated and I would say this pair is much stretchier than the first pair.

above: My obsession with denim jackets (I hoard them, sad, but true.) has reached new heights with this BLACK distressed denim jacket. SO CUTE! I'm wearing a size small here. How do you feel about these green skinny jeans? I for one am LOVING them.  They are perfectly stretchy and would be a fun neutral to wear all fall and winter!

above: Cute sweatshirt alert! Also soft sweatshirt alert... I love this dusty pink color and it's seriously SO soft and cozy!  If pink isn't your jam, there are lots of other cute colors too!

above: Another clear winner is this green shirt dress. It desperately needs a good steam, but seriously, how cute for fall? I'm wearing a size x-small here.

above: If you haven't caught on by now... basically anything army green I am ALL over for fall. Gimme!  These camo jeans are SO fun and I've seen similar pair for like six times as much money - for real! They are so fun with sweaters or sweatshirts this fall!

above: Who doesn't love a good cardigan for fall? The answer: no one. ;). This one is super soft and oversized with dolman sleeves. I'm wearing a size small.

above: I am a sucker for a striped top and a graphic tee - so when they are both together in one place?!?! I'm in love with this top! It runs big, I'm wearing an XS here - so size down! I love the relaxed fit though.

above: Gingham is the perfect transition piece from summer to fall - it hints perfectly at both seasons while being ultra classic as well.  This top is available in all sorts of colors and is true to size. I'm wearing a size 2 here.

above: Polka dots are another fun pattern that are perfect for summer and/or fall. This navy and white top is fun to wear now with white jeans or layer later with a blazer or cardigan for cooler days.  I'm wearing a size XS here. 

above: I'm a big sucker for sweatshirts... maybe I've mentioned this before?  But this one takes the cake! See the photo below for how ADORABLE the back of this sweatshirt is! Cool and breezy enough to wear now and layer it with a vest or jacket later!  Plus, there are tons of colors available. I'm wearing a small.


above: Graphic Tee. No brainer!  I'm wearing a medium here (all that was available) and can fit a little tie here... but a small would fit perfectly (although likely not with enough room for a tie).

above: You all KNOW I love a good striped top and this classic version is my all time favorite. I snagged another to keep on hand for the rest of summer and fall. It's just so easy and classic with a great cut and soft fabric.  I'm wearing a size small.

above: I am always digging linen for summer and I love this preppy but quirky mis-matched striped top for August. Linen is breathable and soft for warm but not hot days, and perfect for layering with a little denim jacket or field jacket for chilly mornings this fall.  I like it tied at the waist (above) for now and a classic tuck (below) for later.


above: Again, who doesn't love a good cardigan for fall? This one is SO good... I'm wearing an XXS (which was all they had in stock) and the sleeves were quite tight.  I would say size down though - an XS would have been perfect. I absolutely loved the fabric of this one with the vertical ribbing. Also - it's marked at over 50% off right now - so hurry!


That's it guys! Feel free to ask any additional questions in the comments if you have them - I hope this was some fun pre-fall wardrobe inspiration!


 

site design by kiki co.