Tuesday, August 28, 2018

fall preview 2018!

It's been over a month since the Nordstrom Anniversary sale launched (seriously, where does the time go?) and since SO many items sold out SO fast I thought I would revisit some of my favorite looks from the sale.  Most, if not all, of the pieces are back in stock and with September creeping up on us next week I think we are all in more of a fall mindset now than we were back in mid-July. No?

These items are without a doubt the fall staples I will be depending on all season and some pieces I've already been sneaking into the rotation any time I can (thank goodness for cool mornings and over air-conditioned stores - am I right!?!).  But most of the pieces are patiently waiting for this late summer heat wave to head on out of town.

above: cardigan (I'm wearing a xs/s), jeans (true to size), tee (I'm wearing an xs), bag, loafers
I absolutely CAN NOT wait to pop on this cashmere cardigan one cool fall morning. Until then I've been getting plenty of use out of these jeans, this bag and this tee.

above: cardigan (I'm wearing an XS), jeans (true to size), ankle boots
This cardigan has been my go-to for long car rides or chilly stores while running errands since the moment it arrived.  The neutral green seems to go with EVERYTHING.  These jeans are already a staple with tanks and tees (I'm about OVER shorts, anyone else?) and these ankle boots are patiently waiting on deck for a cool day.

above: dress (I'm wearing a small), bag, sneakers
No need to wait until fall to sport this cutie striped dress. I've been wearing it over my swimsuit, to soccer games and everywhere in between. Same with this bag and these sneakers - no need to wait for fall to sport these great pieces. 

above: cardigan (I'm wearing size 4), white tee (true to size), jeans (similar), bag
I'm looking at you fall - SO ready to bust out this cozy cardigan again! It's perfectly soft (no itchy wool) and will be the perfect alternative to a lightweight jacket when the weather cools.  I've been LOVING this bucket bag! As a tote-addict it's the perfect size for throwing in all the things, but not too big to carry.


above: scarf, sweater (I'm wearing size XS)
This scarf was one of my favorite budget buys from the sale and I'm SO happy it's back in stock. Seriously, snag it!  And this sweater has gotten a little wear as I am able, only because I'm so darn excited to wear it this fall!

above: sweater (I'm wearing an xs)
This sweater is a perennial favorite, I purchased it in another color last year and I was excited to see it available again this year. It's the sweater you want to wear all the time and do wear all the time because you just can't resist.

above: sweater (I'm wearing an xs), jeans (true to size), wedges
This cozy sweater is going to get tons of wear when the weather turns... no doubt! Turtleneck sweaters are my favorite. I was excited to see these jeans back in a new color way for fall - if you've been living under a rock they are my favorite brand/cut of all time. And YAY for these wedges being back in stock... not that I'm looking forward to snow, but when it arrives, I'll be ready!

above: leather-look leggings (I'm wearing a small), twist back top (I'm wearing an xs)
This twist back top is so fun for a casual look around the house or running errands or I've loved throwing mine over my workout clothes in the morning. These leather-look leggings are pretty self explanatory - so comfy and they really suck you in in all the right places.

above: grey jacket (I'm wearing an xs)
Sadly I don't think this turtleneck tunic has restocked, but this grey coat is BACK! I love the sweater sleeves and classic one-button look. It will be perfect for chilly fall days!


 

site design by kiki co.