Wednesday, February 7, 2018

my everyday style: all the hearts and 10 things making me happy right now!

I probably sound like a broken record but I LOVE Valentine's. No joke it's my favorite holiday! As a parent it's pretty low pressure... I usually snag a few little trinkets for the kiddos and then either pick up cookies or cupcakes or make them myself. And then we do something easy and fun for dinner - last year I took the kids to Chik Fil A because my husband accidentally scheduled a work trip so it was just the three of us! It was a fun little date night together.  I love looking forward to Valentine's Day because it's something to break up the monotony of winter in February and because I love pink, hearts, flowers and candy and that is basically what the entire holiday is about. I never once had a boyfriend on VDay before I met my husband and while he usually spoils me a little too, I think this holiday is all about spoiling others and/or yourself.  I have no shame in picking out some flowers and candy for myself... or being gracious and accepting them from my husband. Either (or both!) work for me!

With the month of LOVE in mind... here are 10 things making me happy this month:

1) Valentine's Day!
2) The steady stock of tulips that are now at my local Trader Joe's. I pretty much pick up a bundle or two every time I'm there.  It's the perfect pop of spring during this endless winter.
3) This sweatshirt. So soft, perfectly oversized (I'm wearing a size small) and it has hearts AND stripes. What else could a girl ask for??? Oh and it's only $33!!!
4) We head to Florida TODAY. I'm so ready for a little warmth, sun and humidity.  Follow along for some fun adventures on my Instagram Stories.
5) Valentine's candy... I mean, its my favorite!  Those cinnamon lips and jujube hearts... alllllll about it. Oh and of course, plenty of conversation hearts. Even though I'm not eating much candy do to THIS amazing program I am doing.... but I still enjoy a little indulgence here and there ;)
6) Speaking of... I'm in week 5 of 6 of this AMAZING health program and I am loving it! I'm terrible at keeping a diet, but so far I've had great success with this program. Now that I am almost 40 *ahem* it seems like I gain another 2-3 pounds a year that I just CAN NOT get rid of. Well, consider them gone. This program is that good. I'll do a full blog post on it soon... but in the meantime, I highly recommend it! Feeling good is making me VERY happy right now!
7) Country music. Okay I just got hooked on country lately because I'm just so over the 10 songs that the radio plays... so instead I'm hooked on 10 new songs on my Pandora country station instead. It's kind of fun and a great change of pace... so far I'm loving LANCO, Sam Hunt and Florida Georgia Line. Do you listen to country? I think people either love it or hate it!
8) I'm obsessed with these bars. Have you tried them? I swear I could down like 3 a day.
9) Remember these shoes I wore here? They are back in stock! It makes me so happy because I know they sold out super fast last spring/summer and so many of you were bummed. But they are back! I wore these babies NON-STOP last summer.  So comfortable and cute!
10) This book. I've been keeping it on my desk and reading one each day. The book is so pretty... and it's a great encouraging word every day - which I often need!

What's making you happy these days?!?!












Outfit Details:



 

site design by kiki co.