Tuesday, December 19, 2017

my top outerwear picks!

Living here in Michigan my winter outerwear game has to be pretty strong. I don't mess around when it comes to hats, coats, boots, and anything else that will help me stay warm all winter long.  It's not easy staying warm and stylish for months on end when the snow flies and the temps don't go above freezing. I do my best... but I've got a little help too...

Here are my favorite outerwear picks that I own and love!

I get SO many compliments on this wool camel coat, and while it's super old and this exact style is no longer available I found a similar option here and here and here.  SOREL boots are an absolute MUST for cold and snowy temps.  They are SO warm and cute.  And finally a little cashmere beanie is perfect for keeping warm and staying stylish. 

I've had this wool cocoon coat forever (you can shop it here or here).  It's super warm and I love that you can put tons of layers underneath it.  Shown here I wore it with my favorite slim puffer vest (you can snag one here or here).  It's a PERFECT combo for super chilly days. 

A navy peacoat is always a classic! This one is 40% off right now!

Another classic option is this bright red peacoat... it's so fun to wear and perfect for brightening up a dreary winter day. 

I always get so many compliments on this cozy faux fur vest. It's perfect to pair with a sweater on a not so freezing day.  This one is super old but I found a similar option here and here.

I randomly found this tweedy coat on the Anthro sale rack years and years ago and it's still a favorite and one I get tons of compliments on. I found similar options here and here

A cozy fleece is always a great option for above freezing temps or for hanging around the house in this time of year.  You can find this one here and I love this option, this option (so cute!) and this option.

This anorak has been in my closet FOR.EVER.  And I still love wearing it, though truth be told it's wearing out a bit.  Here are similar options if you like the look: here and here.  Also if you need a boot that isn't bulky but still warm and great in snow and ice - I absolutely love THESE.

This wool coat with faux fur trim on the hood was a gift from my husband (because I couldn't pull the trigger myself!) and it's probably my absolute favorite from the bunch.  It's gorgeous, it's warm and it's another that always gets a lot of compliments. You can find it here or here or here is a less expensive version. I also make sure to have lots of inexpensive pom pom beanies on hand to keep my head warm, and maybe to cover dirty hair too... I'll never tell. I love this option, this one and this one too.

I would be remiss not to mention puffer coats!  I wear them A LOT this time of year. They are perfect to throw on for errands, school drop offs or playing outside with the kiddos.  This pink one is a steal! I also own this longer one that is very warm - and it's 40% off! And I just got this one and love it also - it's under $100 and seems to run a little big!

So that is that!  All my favorite winter coats in one spot! Which is your favorite? Or do you have one that I didn't feature here that you love that I should know about!?!? Do tell!

 

site design by kiki co.