Friday, October 27, 2017

my everyday style: the pumpkins!

Everyone loves a trip to the pumpkin patch or farm stand to stock up on pumpkins, gourds, mums and the rest this time of year.  Now that my kids are teens/tweens they don't get too hyped up about going to the pumpkin patch... but once we get there we all have a lot of fun.  I can usually get them to laugh at my silly 'mom jokes' still and a bribe/side of some hot cocoa will get everyone in the mood.   My daughter likes to find the smallest cutest pumpkin or the saddest looking one that needs a home.  And of course my son has to find the biggest or the ugliest one and claim that one as his own.  I like to try and find a variety of styles so they all look festive on the front porch.

Lately I am savoring every moment with these two. My son will be 13 later this week, which is insane and they are both already so busy I feel like I never see them much anymore! I remember the baby and toddler years being so difficult and like I could never catch up on sleep.  And while I still wish there was more sleep involved in parenthood (I'm just trying to make sure I don't fall asleep before them each night these days!) - I absolutely love the teen/tween phase of their lives. They are fun to hang out with and make plans with and they are constantly making me laugh.  There is plenty of side-eye and attitudes still happening since they are at that age, but I'm usually pretty good about either gently pulling them out of it with a silly joke or a pumpkin run or on the flip side just letting them smolder in their hormones for a minute and letting them figure it out themselves.  We still all have such a genuinely fun time together... I hope that never changes.









Outfit Details

On me: sweater, similar jeans, Uggs (I'm wearing mine with the tops folded down), sunglasses

On my son: similar top, jeans, similar or similar sneakers

On my daughter: t-shirt, jeans, boots


 

site design by kiki co.