Monday, August 28, 2017

my everyday style: a little summer and a little fall!

It's a big day here in our house as my kiddos head back to school today... I always have mixed feelings about the first day of school as a mom.  As a working mom I really appreciate it, because I can finally get my work done in peace and really prioritize the blog and my business first instead of last - which is what usually happens in the summer.  As just a regular mom I know I will miss the both the craziness and the laziness of summer - even though that seems contradictory, summer with teens/tweens is both laid back and incredibly insane at the same time (I SO, SO miss those days of toddlers napping believe it or not!).

My wardrobe loves back to school season. With a regular schedule I can get back to showering regularly (you know what I mean moms) and getting dressed every day in something besides a swimsuit or that one random tank top and flip flops I seemed to wear all summer. In short, I am incredibly thankful to get back to a schedule.

This outfit is the perfect 'back to business' look for me. I've got a couple of super busy weeks coming up, now that the kids are back in school, filled with all the things I fell behind on during the summer.  And boy is that list long!  Chilly mornings call for a leather jacket (similar or similar less expensive here) and loafers (or less expensive option), while the warm afternoons can be met with this gorgeous sleeveless ruffle top (found here or here). It's a total win-win in my book!








Outfit Details:
Top (here or here)
Leather Jacket (similar or similar less expensive)



 

site design by kiki co.