Tuesday, August 29, 2017

my everyday style: a classic returns!

This past weekend we spent in Northern Michigan was pure bliss. It was so great to have a little break from the action before school started this week. We definitely needed to escape for a bit and spend our days at the lake swimming and sunbathing and then evenings making fires, roasting s'mores and drinking wine (well, the adults at least!). We forced the kids to take a break from screens and video games and text messaging (ugh, teens) and I loved every minute of it. The older the kids get the crazier life gets and yes, that's so cliche, but it's true! This year we have a 5th grader and a 7th grader - I mean how did that even happen? My husband and I were saying that it's the beginning of the end with these two... The first 10/13 years, respectively, went so fast and now it's speeding up.  If I think about it too much I get a little lump in my throat knowing that before I realize it they will be moving out.  Parenthood is a crazy thing.

In other news (before I start crying)... have you guys heard?!? J.Crew just re-relased it's classic roll-neck sweater.  Cue the champagne!  As a long time J.Crew fan I was elated to hear that the roll-neck sweater is BACK!  It's available in a few colors or a striped version in a classic cotton blend or if you are feeling spendy in cashmere (swoon!) - absolutely PERFECT for the summer to fall transition. This sweater was the perfect layering piece for our trip up North this past weekend.  I wore it to dinner and then a walk to watch the sunset at the water.








Outfit Details:
Gingham Top (here or here)
Shoes (here or here)


 

site design by kiki co.