Wednesday, May 3, 2017

my everyday style: classic spring accessories with Nordstrom!

Spring dressing can be TRICKY.  If you live in the Midwest, I know you can relate. One day you are in your short sleeves and sandals and the next a cold front blows in and jackets and sweaters are back in the rotation. Every day is an adventure in dressing while the weather takes one step forward and two steps back.  I happened to capture this outfit on a gorgeous 65 degree spring afternoon with all the trees blooming, but as I type I'm in lots of layers and rain boots.  Classic spring wardrobe pieces are an absolute essential.  While you are worrying about the weather, your closet is like "I got this."

Whether I am in long sleeves or short, sun or clouds there are a few spring pieces I can't live without this spring... classic white skinny jeans (this exact pair is sold out, but these and these are similar), mule flats that can be paired with tees or sweaters, and the perfect spring bag.  My white jeans are in serious rotation right now, they add a flare of spring to any look even if I have to pair them with a jacket or lightweight sweater.  White jeans always kick off the warm weather season for me and I love any opportunity to wear them.  I know these mule flats  have been on the blog a few times, but they are just so versatile and easy to wear.  I find myself grabbing for them more often than not - that's how you know you've got a winner. No?  Same with this new-ish tote from Tory Burch.  It's the perfect size for my daily purse necessities and can carry a book (you know me!) and a water bottle, etc as needed for the day. I originally was looking at the bigger version of this bag... but the smaller one is the absolute perfect size.  And the finishing touches are my earrings and necklace... these classic pieces are on constant rotation in my closet and go with any look for spring (and all year long!).  I love that Nordstrom has ALL the classic wardrobe pieces I need to build my spring wardrobe - so that no matter the crazy (or beautiful!) weather I'm ready for it all!










Outfit Details
Jeans (similar or similar)
Top - under $50!



This post is created in collaboration with Nordstrom. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!


 

site design by kiki co.