Monday, April 10, 2017

my everyday style: mothers day gift guide with Nordstrom!

Motherhood is by far my greatest accomplishment in life. I LOVE my kids and would do anything for them, but motherhood is HARD and a daily struggle to be my best self for my family - there is nothing like a day where my kids and husband take a break just to spoil me for a bit. Other holidays, like Christmas and birthday's, are about me scurrying around behind the scenes to make everything magical for my family.  But on Mother's Day I get to just be and let everyone else take charge.  I love it.

When we have a weekend morning without kids sports we have our weekly traditions. My husband always does a big pastry run on Saturdays (he seriously hits up like 3 of our favorite bakeries, our current favorites are Nonna's Pantry, Nantucket Bakery and Donut Conspiracy if you are local) to stock us up for the weekend.   Then on Sunday's we always do brunch together as a family.  I don't shy away from adding a mimosa or two to the mix for a special occasion either! I love our little family traditions and as my kids turn into teens right before my eyes, I'm glad they can still be swayed to think their parents are marginally cool and worth hanging out with over a donut or eggs and bacon.

Besides baked goods my husband and kids know that the way to my heart for Mother's Day (and really any occasion) is a new purse. I'm pretty predictable that way. Other favorites? Earrings, a new necklace, or a beautiful candle can always make me feel special.  Today I'm not only featuring a peek into how we celebrate Mother's Day in my house but also an amazing round up of Mother's Day gifts in collaboration with Nordstrom.  Use these ideas to shop for the amazing moms in your life... or forward the post to your loving husband who may need a few hints this year. It's up to you!  Read on for tons of Mother's Day gift ideas at all price points!

Also stay tuned to the blog - there is lot's more fun Mother's Day content coming up in the next few weeks!












My outfit: 

Shop under $100 gifts...



Shop splurge gifts...


This post was created in collaboration with Nordstrom. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!

 

site design by kiki co.