Wednesday, April 5, 2017

my everyday style: leather jacket for spring!

When you think of spring style the first thing to pop into your head isn't always a leather jacket. But surprisingly, it's one of my number one spring staples. I find that it so easily bridges the gap between the cooler weather and the warmer weather and does so in a modern and classic way that works perfect for spring. It's an ideal extra layer over tees, tank and even lightweight spring sweaters.  And for some reason, every time I put on my leather jacket I feel just a touch more pulled together than I did without it.   I can whip this jacket into about a million outfit iterations, but this outfit here is a classic favorite. An oversized tee (I went down a size to a 2), boyfriend jeans, a killer bag and classic flats make this outfit a real winner.  In my opinion, this is a classic "Jill" outfit.

This leather jacket is super old! I am hoping it hangs on for a few more years because it's almost perfectly molded to my body at this point.  If you are in the market for a leather jacket I can't recommend one enough. If your budget won't allow for real leather, there are a number of 'vegan' options that look pretty close to the real thing.  If there is any way you can stretch your budget for real leather you will soon realize it's one of the best investments you can make for your wardrobe. You will never regret it. Whatever your budget or taste, I linked to some great options below so be sure to check them out.









Outfit Details

Shop my outfit...


Shop leather jackets...



 

site design by kiki co.