Tuesday, January 31, 2017

my everyday style: will you accept this rose?

Have I mentioned that Valentine's is my ALL.TIME.FAVORITE holiday? I really, really love it.  As a  mom I love to spoil my kids for V-day too. In the past we have done heart shaped pizzas (both homemade or from the local pizza place) which is always a hit or dinner out as a family, I always like to stock the house with some sweets (even though they already get a ton at school) and maybe a few other fun surprises too... this year I am going to try these piƱata cupcakes.  How cute are they?

I never put much emphasis on having a significant other for Valentine's though.  Sure I love to celebrate with my husband... but I never once had a boyfriend or a significant other for Valentines until I met him.  And we met late February for the first time... so even then we were nearly a year deep in the relationship before we had our first V-Day together.  I think if you want roses and chocolates and maybe a sweet splurge gift... just do it for yourself.  Of course I love when my husband surprises me on Valentines with a sweet gift or bringing home flowers. But I'm pretty good at spoiling myself too... and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. So you go on girl... pick up those flowers for yourself and order that little something you've had your eye on... you deserve it!

If you need any ideas (wink, wink) you should definitely splurge on this cozy chenille cardigan (looks like the pink is out of stock, but check back for restocks) or velvet sneakers (so comfy!).  And every time I wear this darling "lashes" tee I get so many compliments on it.  It's perfect for under a blazer or cardigan this time of year and you can bet I will be wearing it all spring and summer too.






(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit details:




 

site design by kiki co.