Thursday, December 15, 2016

my everyday style: Christmas Traditions, 3!

Five years ago my husband and I started a family tradition that all four of us get really excited about each Christmas season.  Each year in December we all go see the Grand Rapids Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker.  When we first started, this was a new tradition for me as well as for my kids - I had NEVER seen The Nutcracker before! After a few years it morphed into the ballet and then a fancy meal out as a family.

It's an event I really look forward to myself and one that my kids enjoy too.  I will say that my son did give me the infamous tween eye-roll about going 'ugh, the ballet mom!?!?'.  But he can't resist those Russian dancers towards the end... we all know he's just playing the part - hahaha!  Plus this is one of those events that I love picking out the outfits for myself and my kids.  We usually go to the matinee so a dressy jeans look is perfectly acceptable.  My kids have fun dressing up in festive outfits too and we make a whole day of it.  The Nutcracker is always one of those events that really tips the scale for feeling the holiday spirit.  Once we are there and the music starts it's all down hill to Christmas and I enjoy every moment!

This plaid top has been my holiday work-horse! It has sold out a few times, but has then been restocked - so check back if your size isn't available.  It's also available in plain white which is really pretty too. You can see me wearing it here!












Details:
Jacket (no longer available, similar or I love this furry option)

Shop the look below...




 

site design by kiki co.