Thursday, May 19, 2016

loving now

This past weekend I did some shopping and was going to share my finds on Snapchat or Instagram while I was shopping and of course the minute I got to the mall I realized my phone was totally dead.  Pffff. SO instead I thought I would share what I found and loved here.

I rarely shop at the mall - crazy, I know.  The fitting room lighting is never flattering, I prefer to try stuff on at home where I can try different shoes and pieces I already own with new items.  I often get frustrated when the stores don't have lots of sizes and I know they have my size online but I'm standing in the store instead.  In addition, I often find the online promos/sales are way better than the in-store deals (why? why?).  But on the other side of the coin, being able to try things on BEFORE buying them is always nice and often times pictures online just don't do a piece justice - or worse, they overstate a piece's worthiness. So sometimes shopping in person does have its advantages.

Here are a few items I really loved while out shopping lately... a few even came home with me! I thought you might like to hear my thoughts on the sizing and the individual pieces themselves to save you a trip to the mall!



white blazer - I have been wanting a white blazer this spring something fierce. I really loved the fabric and cut of this one, although they didn't have my size in store (story of my life)... for reference I tried on the 0 when I could really have used the 2P instead.  That is why I love LOFT, I often need a petite size when it comes to arm length.  Online has all the options for sizes.

released hem high-waisted jeans - I love a good released hem jean.  Usually J.Crew jeans don't fit me great - mostly in the hips/thighs, but these have SO much stretch that they fit like a glove.  I took this pair home with me I loved them so much!  These fit true to size and hit me right at the ankle, which is perfect for my short-ish frame. They are 25% off right now! Bonus!

black off the shoulder top - I'm still a little wishy washy on this trend.  Sure it looks great on all the bloggers, but I'm not so sure if it's a good trend for me personally.  This top is like a "starter" off-the-shoulder top... it's basically a really soft top with a lot of stretch on the shoulders.   This ran perfectly true to size.  

lace yoke tee - I had loved this top from afar/online and was excited to try it on in person.  The lace yoke detailing is absolutely gorgeous on this top.  But the sizing was a little weird. The XS was too small and the S was a little too big for me.  A Small Petite was perfect.  So if you have a smaller frame - go for the petite version of this top.  If you are a TRUE XS or a TRUE S, you will be fine with either of those. I always seem to fall in the middle somewhere.  And get super excited because there is a dress version that is SO gorgeous too!

wedges - I have had a pair of espadrille wedges on my wishlist all spring, and into last summer.  This pair was calling my name, but I am glad I tried them on in-store before ordering online.  I had to size down a full size on these.  I am usually a 6 1/2 or 7 and I was swimming in the 7, since they don't offer half sizes I went with the 6 and they fit perfect.  These are SUPER comfortable and the leather is soft as butter.  They are also 25% off right now!  Bonus!

chambray dress - This is the perfect summer dress! I could see dressing this up with a wedge or sandals or just pairing it with a simple pair of sneakers.  This is another piece I've loved online and was so glad I tried on in store... this too ran quite big and so I sized down.  I ended up passing on it in-store, but I think I may snag it online soon.  Especially since now I know what size I am - I can wait for a good promo sale.  ps, it is 25% off right now, super tempting!   


white saddle bag - You guys.  I am obsessed with this bag!  It's SO gorgeous in person and the leather is so soft I wanted to cry.  It's just a gorgeous, gorgeous bag.  It's not cheap though, but I found this smaller bag was just as pretty, but a little smaller and little less expensive!

dainty black/gold bracelet - The perfect summer bracelet.  The end.  This little guy was so cute and dainty.  I tried it on and meant to go back for it and it totally slipped my mind.  Now it's haunting me. I'll definitely snag this guy online soon.

bright pink earrings - Gimme, gimme with all the Kendra Scott earrings, right!?!?  This bright pink earring is the perfect pop of color for my admittedly not very colorful wardrobe. 

silver birkinstocks - So I've mentioned I've been wanting a pair of Birks for a while now.  But again, with my in-between sizing.  I've tried on quite a few pairs but I am smack in between a size 37 and 38.  What's a girl to do? This silver pair is SO cute and would be a really fun summer wardrobe piece.  I tried to talk my daughter into  the mini-me version but she wasn't having it. So sad! These shoes are just DARLING.




 

site design by kiki co.