Wednesday, March 9, 2016

what to pack: spring break!

Spring break season is upon us... and I am personally counting down the days until our family heads out on a warm and sunny vacation.  Hopefully you've got a little spring trip planned this spring as well!  Today I pulled together some easy and fun spring break essentials to pack up.

When it comes to putting together packing lists, I always try to pick a color theme to make mixing and matching outfits really simple.  Here I chose blues, whites and blacks with a pop of pink in there. This way, everything mixes together easily so you don't have to pack a ton of pieces to get a lot of outfit options.  Simple dresses are perfect for sightseeing or dinners out.  Tanks and shorts are perfect for shopping, exploring or throwing over a swimsuit to head to the beach or pool.  Then fun jewelry and a bold clutch can add personality and fun to each look.  Spending the majority of my break in my swimsuit is a win in my book whether at the beach or the pool - so I don't need a pack many clothes or need lots of outfits.  Packing as few items as possible is always my goal.  This packing list is PERFECT if you are wanting to only pack a carry-on as well!

1. straw tote 2. denim shorts 3. white embroidered dress 4. bikini top & bottom 5. striped espadrilles 6. pineapple pool float (or a swan! I'm totally ordering these for my kiddos!) 7. striped tank top 8. lace up sandals 9. gingham beach cover-up 10. white peplum top 11. chambray dress 12. sunglasses 13. white linen shorts 14. bracelet stack 15. tassel earrings 16. turkish towel - I'm obsessed with these 17. sunscreen - my personal favorite! 18. lip spa 19. tassel clutch

Or shop the post here...




 

site design by kiki co.