Friday, January 29, 2016

my everyday style: leather legging obsession!

Leather leggings had LONG been on my wishlist.  They were one of those pieces that I knew I really wanted, but just couldn't find the "perfect" pair at the "perfect" price.  You know? Plus, I knew I wanted a pair of leather leggings that were actually real leather (yike$!) but that were affordable.  Of course they had to be comfortable as well. 

Then I hit the jackpot.  Right after Christmas I spotted these on sale at Lou & Grey - sadly they are no longer available, but I will link to similar options below.  They were regularly $298 marked down to $75.  I considered that a great deal and thankfully when they arrived they fit (ordering online can sometimes be tricky - I always try to read all the reviews to get a good sense of the fit and thankfully I lucked out)!  So while they were still an investment at $75 I would consider them a really solid investment.  Especially since purchasing them I've worn them quite a few times.  

This particular pair is ponte leggings on the front and back with the leather overlaid on the leggings just on the front.  I mention this because a) it likely made them less expensive to only have leather on the front b) having the back be just leggings seems like it would be more comfortable than sitting on leather c) gives them a lot more stretch/better fit.  If you are looking for leather leggings (which you should!)... I would keep those features in mind.  They seem to make a difference in my opinion .  

One added bonus of leather leggings that I hadn't thought about before wearing them is how insanely warm they are. The leather adds a really warm layer of insulation without being bulky.  And with this cold winter, it makes the leggings not only beautiful, but extremely practical as well.

Here I paired them with a sweatshirt - love the athleisure trend - and a warm coat and scarf.  I could literally wear this outfit for the rest of the winter and be perfectly happy.  It was so comfortable.  Driving mocs are a another new obsession of mine in the past year... they are insanely comfortable while still looking pulled together.  A complete win in my book.







(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details
Scarf, H&M (similar or similar)
Coat, J.Crew Factory (similar or similar)
Sweatshirt, Lou & Grey
Bag, Madewell
Leather Leggings, Lou & Grey (similar, similar, similar)
Driving Mocs, Coach (similar - on sale!)
Earrings, Kendra Scott (via Rocksbox - get your first month FREE with code: jillggxoxo)

Or shop the look below...






 

site design by kiki co.