Thursday, February 26, 2015

my everyday style: my signature style!

I've gone through many style phases in my life… and even a handful on this blog.  Sometimes all in one week.  Some days I tend towards preppy, other days more trendy or minimal and some days even a little tomboy-ish.  The fun of clothing is that you can change up your style from day to day.  But under the trends and the hype there is usually a vein of style that never changes throughout the years.  I think this is your true signature style.  The one that your friends say "looks like you" or a look that catches your eye time after time.  For me, that signature style can be summed up in one piece of clothing.  A blazer.

My signature style is definitely anything with a blazer.  I love that you can pair simple tees, sweaters or blouses with a classic blazer and the look is instantly pulled together.  Over the years I have paired blazers with dresses, jeans, leggings, trousers and even shorts.  They pair well with boots, pumps, flats and even sneakers. They are truly the one piece that I always feel the most "me" in.






(photos by Tracy Carmody)

Today I am teaming up with Garnet Hill to share my signature style and you get to join in on the fun as well!  Hop on over to Instagram or Twitter and share your signature style with Garnet Hill using #GHSignatureStyle to be entered to win Garnet Hill's Signature Towels monogrammed just for you!  How fun is that?

Details:
Blazer, Forever 21 - ℅ (similar or similar - both under $40!!!)
Tee, Gap - LOVE this top! I'm obsessed!
Jeans, Gap (similar or similar)
Boots, Coach (similar or similar)
House of Harlow Bracelet and Gorjana Necklace all via Rocksbox - use code: jillggxoxo for one free month subscription to Rocksbox! You will love this service… I adore it!

 

site design by kiki co.